By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 Pro vs Xbox Scorpio. which had the better reveal?

Which reveal do you think was better?

PS4 Pro 46 63.89%

Xbox Scorpio 15 20.83%

have you seen titanfall? 3 4.17%

See Results 8 11.11%

Total:72

so now that both happened, which one do you prefer? which method?

personally ill go with the Pro, while it wasnt a great reveal by any means, it was much better than the scorpio where we just got some spec talk. we didnt even see how games look on it. no name, no price tag.

thoughts?

Around the Network

Xbox Scorpio had a better reveal imo.

Mark Cery is a genius and the checkerboarding thingy is a smart way to get almost 4k, on lesser hardware, but them explaining it put people to sleep.

I think it was smart of MS to let DF handle it, and they probably did it better than MS themselves would have.

i would prefer the DF approach, if there were more videos released of actual gameplay alongside it

as for the overall reveal, both were over-hyped and ended up being kind of underhwhelming

Sony had everything to lose if their reveal caused people to wait
Microsoft has nothing to lose if their reveal causes people to wait.

The PS5 Exists. 

I don't know about Scorpio, we still have yet to have a full presentation were we physically see it as well as price, games, etc. but the PS4 Pro reveal was very underwhelming in my opinion, the entire thing felt very lifeless, bland and boring to me at least, maybe it was also mostly due to the really bad speakers of the presentation.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

Xbox Scorpio had a better reveal imo.

Mark Cery is a genius and the checkerboarding thingy is a smart way to get almost 4k, on lesser hardware, but them explaining it put people to sleep.

I think it was smart of MS to let DF handle it, and they probably did it better than MS themselves would have.

I don't know what reveal you watched, but no one explained chekerboard rendering during the PS4pro reveal. They just said they are using checkerboard rendering and showed how it looks with in game footage.

As far as reveals go, the PS4pro was better. The tech nonense happned shortly after during Marks interview with DF.

I do like hw MS handled this though, got the tech stuff outta the way so they could just focus on the content down the road. 

Sony's approach was to show the content instead which left a lot of questions for months after that. 

Scorpio will kill the pro in terms of power and that's good to see

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

PS4Pro: Marginal price difference, released the year it was announced, was more than a PowerPoint slide during its announcement.

XB1Scorpio: No definitive price a year later, no definitive release date nearly a year later, no information other than a "holiday release" and "6 teraflops".

Gonna have to give this to Sony, if only because they actually announced and released their console.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

The reveals are too different frankly. Sony opted to give out most of the information at once while Microsoft is going for the drip feeding strategy.

I am still waiting on the reveal.