By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch costs ~$257 to build and 30MM sold through 2018

Retailing at $300 makes sense if this is the cost to manufacturer. As you would still need to add the costs for packaging, distribution and retail profit. 

If anyone has a membership to the source, can you relate on what they are including in the total cost?

Around the Network

makin that $43 dollar profit, I think it can make more than 30 million by 2018's end if nintendo stocks the damn system

Usually those estimates are on the higher end as they tend to use market value of the parts, not including special deals the manufacturer could have.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Thats good news, since this gives Nintendo room to breathe if a cost cut in the final retail price is needed.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Lets hope they can get that down, I'd like to see a price drop by no later than next year...

Around the Network
vivster said:
Usually those estimates are on the higher end as they tend to use market value of the parts, not including special deals the manufacturer could have.

Those deals only work if you actually do selling of said merchandise (which Nintendo is, but if you have overhead inventory, the costs can sky rocket, and companies have to do write offs see Vita/Wii U)

Odd double post

Yea I dont think Nintendo will drop the price this year unless they are forced to...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

retailers selling it for free confirmed! :P

$257 including the production cost?

shipment is also expensive...

they expect to sell 30 million by 2018? damn if they pull it... that is very good.... pokemon stars confirmed exclusive to switch :P

So after retailer cut, shipping and other stuff they're probably close to breaking even at $300. I guess that should dash away the hopes of people waiting on a 3DS-level price cut by the holidays because I don't see Nintendo selling the Switch at a loss unless it's floundering big time.