By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GameStop: Nintendo Switch is Selling Out “Within Hours”; Demand “Incredibly Strong”

I was skeptical about using it as a handheld before buying it, but now I love it. I just got back from the car dealership to get my car checked out. I had to 'wait' an hour, that was way too short, still plenty battery left! The guy at the service counter was trying to get one too 'for his kids'. Demand will only get stronger when more are seen outside.

Around the Network
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
The Canadian Gamestop owned store (Ebgames) is having a hard time keeping stock in my area. There's only two but they usually get 10-20 switches each per shipment and they are gone within the hour, whereas you could easily find a Wii U during launch month. Hopefully the trend continues.

No, hopefully, nintendo gets their shit together quick and sends a more appropriate amount of consoles, if it's selling that well.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

SpokenTruth said:
Let me get this straight.

They broke sales records and are also intentionally withholding stock?

How the hell does that make any sense?

I learned on this site that Nintendo are magic and can see in the future to find out their exact demand, down to the very last console.

So they always ship ten less. :P

SpokenTruth said:
Let me get this straight.

They broke sales records and are also intentionally withholding stock?

How the hell does that make any sense?

Switch breaks Nintendo launch sales record

"ya well its because they shipped more than any previous system"

Switch is selling out as soon as shipments come in

"ya well its because they are trying to create articial demand"

the logic of some people is baffling, is it really that hard to say Switch is having a successful launch period?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Nintendo really learned from the wii u disaster

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Around the Network

Have Gamestop employed a person full time dedicated to hyping up their business with vague statements almost every day? I find it sort of strange that they're the only major retailer going bananas like this, I'm sure it has nothing to do with their impending doom.

SvennoJ said:
I was skeptical about using it as a handheld before buying it, but now I love it. I just got back from the car dealership to get my car checked out. I had to 'wait' an hour, that was way too short, still plenty battery left! The guy at the service counter was trying to get one too 'for his kids'. Demand will only get stronger when more are seen outside.

Yes, I think the same.

The Switch can only get better at this point as it adds more games to it's library throughout the year. It's hard to see the demand going down anytime soon based off of what the Switch offers. It's still getting a lot of positive chatter around my work place, which is something the Wii U never had. Their marketing is also more on point.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

fingers crossed it will keep the momentum up and high!

Switch!!!

Dang, this is sounding similar to the Wii, which would quickly sell out of any restocks they received. It's still early to say if the Switch will continue to be a success, but so far looking good. Just keep the games comin' Nintendo.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread