By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Hannah Black Leftist Painter Calls For Emmett Till Painting To Be destroyed

To me looks like someone shit and vomited all over a canvas but should not be allowed to be destroyed. That's straight out of history of Pleasant Ville movie

Around the Network

So...You read an article about someone dealing with backlash over being upset that a white artist made a painting based on a tragic photo from the CRM, and you're takeaway isn't that people are standing up for the art and what the movement meant to all of Americans, but that this one person represents the downfall of society?

How long does it take to dry your clothes in that spin cycle?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

That protestor is just as racist and the ones to once brought harm to "his" people.

Fuck no. Do not destroy it. Just because the artist wasn't the race of the person she depicted doesn't mean she shouldn't have the right to create art of those of a different color. That in itself is segregation and racism. Regardless of your color, people feel pain all the same way. Just because she wasn't black doesn't mean she can't feel persecution, discrimination, etc. Also the whole 'cultural appropriation' (thats where you dont like people acknowledging/celebrating your culture, right?) movement is complete garbage. If you don't want people to take part in your culture then fucking do the same you hypocrite. Don't use American made internet, eat Asian inspired food, or use clothing that originated from a culture that wasn't your own e.e And to those people, you don't need to be black to understand pain/suffering. That comes in a variety of different colors and forms. It's called being a decent fucking person.

"These people are starting to rip apart society and the free world"

Yes, it's so close. Another 99.9% of the world giving a fuck about this and society will be in trouble. You win today's "Ridiculous Hyperbole" award.

Around the Network

"culminating in a critical question: Do white artists have the right to depict Black pain?"

...uh...is this an actual question?

monocle_layton said:
"culminating in a critical question: Do white artists have the right to depict Black pain?"

...uh...is this an actual question?

It's a bullshit question.  I can never fully understand anyone or any group of people's plight.  But an attempt to empathize and bring awareness is a sign of solidarity and should be appreciated.  Hell, even the person doing the protesting doesn't truly understand what happened 62 years ago.  He should just screw himself because that's all he's good for.

I bet you'll find that the vast, vast majority of the artistic community, which is generally extremely liberal, will be against the destruction of this painting. One man (or a few hundred tweeters) does not a movement make. 

Ariakon said:

I bet you'll find that the vast, vast majority of the artistic community, which is generally extremely liberal, 

Extremely left-wing, you mean.

The modern right-wing is frankly more liberal than the modern left.

What a progressive thing to do, destroying art. Extremist fundamentals will always be the same, no matter if left or right.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.