By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Hannah Black Leftist Painter Calls For Emmett Till Painting To Be destroyed

LivingMetal said:
monocle_layton said:
"culminating in a critical question: Do white artists have the right to depict Black pain?"

...uh...is this an actual question?

It's a bullshit question.  I can never fully understand anyone or any group of people's plight.  But an attempt to empathize and bring awareness is a sign of solidarity and should be appreciated.  Hell, even the person doing the protesting doesn't truly understand what happened 62 years ago.  He should just screw himself because that's all he's good for.

I very much agree. I hope this outcry isn't well backed.  The article had more Twitter posts backing the artist than slamming her.  I hope those that are protesting are a very tiny vocal minority and in the end truly understand the ramifications of what they are asking for.

Around the Network
the_dark_lewd said:
Ariakon said:

I bet you'll find that the vast, vast majority of the artistic community, which is generally extremely liberal, 

Extremely left-wing, you mean.

The modern right-wing is frankly more liberal than the modern left.

mmmmmmmnnnnnoooooooo.....

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

John2290 said:
The_Yoda said:

I very much agree. I hope this outcry isn't well backed.  The article had more Twitter posts backing the artist than slamming her.  I hope those that are protesting are a very tiny vocal minority and in the end truly understand the ramifications of what they are asking for.

Well with videos like this, i'm not certain of that common sense will prevail.  

So, I need to ask. Are you actually being serious? Like...You're using Youtube videos by Mark Dice as a source.

Mark Dice is balls to the walls batshit insane...

There had to be a point in your life where they tought you how to properly research and source a paper, right?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

John2290 said:
The_Yoda said:

Well with videos like this, i'm not certain of that common sense will prevail.  

[Videos snipped] 

Not super familiar with infowars but aren't they a little on the biased side?  It's too bad though that you don't have to go far too find morons regardless of which political facet they support.

John2290 said:
Normchacho said:

So, I need to ask. Are you actually being serious? Like...You're using Youtube videos by Mark Dice as a source.

Mark Dice is balls to the walls batshit insane...

There had to be a point in your life where they tought you how to properly research and source a paper, right?

Its just a video i watched a few week/months ago that came to mind.

But they aren't substantive in any way. Nothing he does is.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

Around the Network

Destroying art is barbaric. As artists they should know better than to suggest this.

If white people are not allowed to help their fight then I guess that means all legislation created by said white people to protect their rights should also be eradicated. No more rights to vote, no more affirmative action, no more college funds... no more anything. Do most african-americans want that too?

Mr. King protested, fought and died one the idea of equality among the races. No matter the color, you were welcome at the table etc. These younger men and women need to understand that in order to make progress, all of us are going to have to chip in. It can't just be them against the world. It won't work.

I'll start worrying when social institutions start calling for destruction of artistic, historic and cultural items. When it's an individual expressing an extreme political view, well we get those on a daily basis.

It is a dangerous idea that people from the historically oppressor race can't enter into discourse in sympathy and solidarity with the historically oppressed race, including through artistic expression. That sort of exclusion would tend to perpetuate racial separation and isolation.

Hollywood has profited a great deal from the misery and oppression caused by slavery and post slavery segregation and legalised racism. The beneficiaries of those profits have not all been African Americans, in fact most of the financial beneficiaries have probably been white people - studio execs and shareholders. But if those white people hadn't been financial beneficiaries would those stories have been told and got exposure to a wide audience?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Holy Christ guys it was one artist and some dickheads on Twitter which were resoundingly told to get stuffed by the rest of the art community. Are we just looking for things to get upset about now?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

Uh huh. Ridiculous, not much else I can say. There's this thing called freedom of speech.