By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo online service...

Jranation said:

maxleresistant said:
I didn't think Nintendo would think that a soft launch like they are doing with the switch would be a good idea.
-No games
-Online service not fully ready
-No third party games
-No VC
-And so many informations that are lacking

And they still broke their Console Records and Spain's best selling home console launch even with them circumstances! xD 

Tbh! They had the option to continue the Wii U or Launch the Switch........ Theres only 1 right answer there! 

And that still means absolutly nothing in the long term. The WiiU and the Vita had soem pretty damn nice launch window as well, yet combined the 2 will barely crack the 30 million mark :))

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
hunter_alien said:

And that still means absolutly nothing in the long term. The WiiU and the Vita had soem pretty damn nice launch window as well, yet combined the 2 will barely crack the 30 million mark :))

Not really tbh WiiU did half as much as the Switch and released in the Holiday season following one of the top selling consoles in history, Vita had to contend with launching the same week as Monster Hunter on 3DS and suffered quite significantly.

Wyrdness said:
hunter_alien said:

Not really tbh WiiU did half as much as the Switch and released in the Holiday season following one of the top selling consoles in history, Vita had to contend with launching the same week as Monster Hunter on 3DS and suffered quite significantly.

Yes, but neitrher had a 97 rated game on their side to boost the launch window sales. The DC had record breaking opening as well, yet after a year it was obvious it wont make it in the long run. All I'm saying is lets stop celebrating for a second and actually wait and see. I hope the Switch becomes a massive hit and sell 3DS like numbers, but it is still early to predict anything at all.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

hunter_alien said:

Yes, but neitrher had a 97 rated game on their side to boost the launch window sales. The DC had record breaking opening as well, yet after a year it was obvious it wont make it in the long run. All I'm saying is lets stop celebrating for a second and actually wait and see. I hope the Switch becomes a massive hit and sell 3DS like numbers, but it is still early to predict anything at all.

Yeah Switch had a 97 rated game your point? All that tells me is Switch is handled better, who exactly is celebrating he simply pointed out that even with the opinions people have online Switch has so far done better than what people thought, many didn't even think launching in March was a good idea.

Well, I for one play games and not online services.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
is there any online game on switch now? how does it work?

do you need the app for match making or what?

Gonna guess online games work similar to online games on Wii U. App is just for talking and a few other things.

That's what I'm getting from http://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/

I just want news about VC

SegataSanshiro said:
Nintendo has released no new info.

My barbers uncles dentists sisters cousins doctors nephew does work at Nintendo. You get a free unicorn the first month and Jelly Babies that expired in 1998 to send to Ashens. It will only cost you your soul.

dat Ashens reference earned you +1 in my book

The price range has been announced a while back for Japan, but other than that, nothing else really :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

bananaking21 said:
is there any online game on switch now? how does it work?

do you need the app for match making or what?

Super Bomberman R has an online mode, you don't need the app for it. There are matches versus random players with various rule customisation options. It also has some kind of ranking system. I haven't tried playing versus friends yet, unfortunately. It's a bit laggy, but Konami promised a patch somewhere down the line.