By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Is Life a Video Game?

I will tell you if you give me $100

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

I know a series that tried to answer that question with a Yes and imploded upon itself.

Kill yourself and find out?

well if i am part of the video game... the gamer sucks :p

The hologram/matrix theory is certainly interesting, and seems plausible, but there are so many potential variations of that theory alone it boggles the mind.

Here are just a few:

1. We live in the matrix, just like the movie.
2. We live in the matrix, just like the movie, except we really almost wiped out our species and the AI/machines saved us from extinction.
3. We live in a matrix, but one that was created by a human/alien business, and your just on a virtual vacation where one day in the real world is equal to 10 years in the virtual world.
4. We live in a matrix, that we created because real life is so cruel, horrible and chaotic, that living a fake virtual life is by far the best way to "live".
5. We live in a matrix, but real life is so very much harder than it is in what we know as "real life" (the virtual world), that we purposely created a matrix and use it as a teaching tool to guide us to a point where when we "die", we are finally strong and wise enough to stand a chance in real life.

I could go on and on and on but when science says the universe is infinite, they clearly aren't joking.

My best friend has his own non religious theory about life. He thinks the whole infinity thing is more about "size" than space. He believes that our universe is like a cell in a tree or another being or something else, and that things just keep getting smaller, as well as larger, the further you look. This seems plausible as well. If you ever look at the structure of an atom, then look at the solar system, or even just Earth, will all the satellites spinning around it, it's very similar. If you ever look at the universe from a distant viewpoint, and look at the internal structure of the brain and its cells, its eerily similar.

The truth of the matter is as much as some people would like to know everything, the true meaning of life and why we are here, the possibility that its for our own good and this is the best it gets, is just as possible as we're trapped in "hell" and real life in an oasis.

All we can do is live our lives however we see fit, and try to enjoy the ride. Whatever happens along the way, happens.

No, no it's not. Eminem said so...
https://play.google.com/music/preview/Twp3lei7ekg6d4hhmhv5shllhdi?lyrics=1&utm_source=google&utm_medium=search&utm_campaign=lyrics&pcampaignid=kp-songlyrics&u=0#

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

I don't know but there's something else out there for sure.

As long as black holes exist, no. Simply put, the holographic model has no method of explaining how an object with infinite density could be projected from a two dimensional screen. It's far more likely that our methods of observing the distant universe are simply insufficient for the time being.

Its a really crappy mmorpg where the grinding is unprecedented.

archer9234 said:

Basically the MIB ending. Is there something else that's running the universe, that has thought. I say no. Everything is just random events. Now, if someone created the universe. Why would they stop modifying it, for our billions of years. Second: these beings would most likely want to rule their universe. Even if it was some sort of experiment. No interaction? Third: if they created everything. Matter, energy etc. Why would they do a guinea pig test? There would be no reason, to see what would happen. Since they create the elements, themselves. They could will anything, for any reason. They should have an understanding, of everything. Like the Q, from Star Trek. And that brings me back to my second point. Forth: If it is an experiment. How do they monitor the amount of planets, stars, people, etc. Without failure. Catching everything. To the subatomic level. It be a massive waste. If they missed chunks of data.

Random events that started where?  And why?

There's no way our existence is random.  Whenever you plant an apple seed, an apple tree will always grow.  You will never, ever cut open an orange and find pumkin seeds inside.  It will always be orange seeds.  Fire will always be hot.  You won't ever touch it and find that it's cold one time.  The cycles of nature, of the seasons, of the weather, of life... I could go on and on. 

There is definitely order to our existence.

No because you don't get a second chance once you die.