By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Taiwan’s Newspaper Claims Sony is Working on a “Thinner” PS4

I bet it'd be a PS4 Pro slim. However, it'd be cool to see a mini vanilla PS4

Around the Network

if it is a PS4 Portable, i believe it will fully replace the original PS4

I'm going to assume this is true simply because I've already said Sony are gearing up for a price war. This is why the Pro doesn't have a 4K blu-ray.

The PS5 Exists. 

Wait, they may be doing another one...? Doesn't Sony already have the PS4 slim? What's next: PS4 Super Slim?

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

GribbleGrunger said:

I'm going to assume this is true simply because I've already said Sony are gearing up for a price war. This is why a blu-ray drive was left out of the Pro.

The BluRay drive is out of the Pro? o.o

Around the Network
MegamiTensei said:

Shite. I meant 4K Movie playback of course ... but you knew that. :(

It's 4:20 in the morning here in good old Blighty.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
MegamiTensei said:

Shite. I meant 4K Movie playback of course ... but you knew that. :(

It's 4:20 in the morning here in good old Blighty.

I honestly wasn't sure since I don't have the Pro, only vanilla XD but I suppose there would have been riots if it did lack one.

By going from TSMC's 16nm process to its newest 12nm process, I could definitely see a shrink to PS4 (Slim) and Pro at the same time.

I would imagine the new PS4 (SS) would become wider and deeper (like the Pro) but would end up slimmer. If you took the bottom thicker "half" of the PS4 (Slim) and replaced it with the thinner top "half", that's probably about how slim the console would be.

What they would do with Pro I'm not as sure. They will probably keep the width and depth of the Pro, and make it slightly more slim than the OG PS4, since its not much thicker now anyway. Whether they stick with 3 tiers or go back to 2 halves, is hard to say. I would have to guess they would like to keep the 3 tier look to clearly differentiate between all of the PS4 console designs so far.

This should easily allow them to sell PS4 (SS) for $199 with a bundle this holiday. Maybe even at a profit.

They could also potentially have an optical discless Pro (Slim) model for $299 and a 4k BD optical drive Pro (Slim) model for $399 this holiday as well.

BraLoD said:
Pro Slim would be nice, though if they can reduce the Pro, they can reduce the base PS4 (Slim) morr as well.
I actually still wants Sony to launch a small PS3, tho, even as it won't happen xP

ps3- ultra super slim?