By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Live Gold can be free if you just make Bing your primary search engine

Tagged games:

I have been using it for almost a year now, love the rewards. Also lol at some of the comments here, nothing wrong with competition :)

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network

Bing? what kind of google is that?

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

I have already did this, Got my 29,000 points and am already at 2,000 again. My account now goes until the end of 2018... It's easy, just hit all the story's at the bottom of the page all the way to the end for the 150 points. Then do the same on the phone and make sure to get the extra's everyday. However I'm so far ahead I have not been trying at all after getting another year added. ALL FREE

Imaginedvl said:
Barozi said:
Isn't that Bing rewards stuff US only?

The "rewards" are US only but I'm living in Canada and I am receiving money every month or so (sometime something around CAD 30$) on my Microsoft account as I'm using Bing primarly; not sure how and why but it happens every months and it states "Microsoft reward credits". I usually end up using it to pay for my games or videos.

I was actually suprised by it at first because as you said the reward site states "US Only"...

I wish you knew how to replicate this. I'm in Canada too, and have been using Bing for like 5 years now. Never been able to get the points though. It sometimes says I have a couple hundred lying around, but if I try to access them I'm sent to the "gtfo US only" page.

Bing is gives me around the same results as Google. I'm just in Australia so the reward system isn't available for me. If it was I'd switch. Habit also pays a massive factor in choosing Google.

Around the Network

Been like that for a while... i avoid google shit as much as I can... Bing has been better for me than google once you know how it works...

Too bad Bing sucks. I'd rather use Google and get good results and pay $30-35 for Live on sales.

sundin13 said:
Johnw1104 said:
With most of Microsoft's attempts to copy something more popular (reminds me of the Zune or w.e it is) they generally give up... it's weird that they're still trying to push Bing on everyone.

I have a Zune from back in the day which I use in my car, and I still think its 100x better than iPod. I haven't had a single problem with it in almost 10 years (while my iPod died after about three years) and the Zune software is millions of times better and less restrictive than iTunes. Its actually sad that they stepped out of the race so soon when they had a clearly superior product. 

Superior products don't always win. The right timing and advertisments are needed.

archer9234 said:
sundin13 said:

I have a Zune from back in the day which I use in my car, and I still think its 100x better than iPod. I haven't had a single problem with it in almost 10 years (while my iPod died after about three years) and the Zune software is millions of times better and less restrictive than iTunes. Its actually sad that they stepped out of the race so soon when they had a clearly superior product. 

Superior products don't always win. The right timing and advertisments are needed.

Microsoft's timing wasn't great either. They also didn't release the Zune world-wide which didn't help either, especially when word-of-mouth can travel across the globe these days.

But... They did take what they learned with Zune and brought us the venerable Windows Phone. - Which the Nokia 920 was a solid piece of kit when it released, just a shame the newer Phones have been neglected, they make good music players too. ;)

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

FallingTitan said:
i think bing is fine. i usually get the same results with my tests. but for maps on the cell use only gmaps.

if they make this availble in canada i'll do it. no biggy. wnt even notice a diff

I'd rather use Waze than Google Maps.

BTW: Zune was terrific!

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo