By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Live Gold can be free if you just make Bing your primary search engine

Tagged games:

vivster said:
It's also free if you suck 3 guys behind a bar.

Pemalite said:
I would rather pay for Gold than use Bing to be honest.

XDDDDDD 

Vivster you never fail to crack me up :D

Around the Network
fielding88 said:
Imaginedvl said:

The "rewards" are US only but I'm living in Canada and I am receiving money every month or so (sometime something around CAD 30$) on my Microsoft account as I'm using Bing primarly; not sure how and why but it happens every months and it states "Microsoft reward credits". I usually end up using it to pay for my games or videos.

I was actually suprised by it at first because as you said the reward site states "US Only"...

I wish you knew how to replicate this. I'm in Canada too, and have been using Bing for like 5 years now. Never been able to get the points though. It sometimes says I have a couple hundred lying around, but if I try to access them I'm sent to the "gtfo US only" page.

I will try to find out how this works and PM you with it. I really have no idea to be honest how this happened. I remember starting seeing those "credits" added to my account few years ago and now I'm used to receive them on regular basis (and will not complain) but at first I did not even know the reason to be honest.

I know that at some point I added a US address to my acount maybe it is related.

If only Imafefap gave points, I'd be more sore than anyone me can possibly imagine :(

Ka-pi96 said:
endimion said:
Been like that for a while... i avoid google shit as much as I can... Bing has been better for me than google once you know how it works...

You mean, typing in what you want and hitting the enter key isn't how it works? :O

For basic searches sure... But once you go into more subtle searches each indexing system has its logic. Even changing languages change the way you search efficiently for very specific things...

endimion said:
Ka-pi96 said:

You mean, typing in what you want and hitting the enter key isn't how it works? :O

For basic searches sure... But once you go into more subtle searches each indexing system has its logic. Even changing languages change the way you search efficiently for very specific things...

You learn how to search more efficiently the more you use any search engine. This isn't exclusive to Bing.

I had a hard time moving to duckduckgo because I was used to Google Search and I learned how to get exactly what I want typing the right words, so moving on to a new search engine is never convenient at first. Which is why MS blatantly used Google's search to power Bing, so that new comers would get a sense of familiarity, stick around, and give Bing a proper chance (to use Google's services )