By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Report - Nintendo aiming for 20 million Switch units shipped in year one

JRPGfan said:
konnichiwa said:

Don't believe it, it is going to be way higher to credible sources:

ZhugeEX.com : Nintendo to ship 50 million units in first year according to sources

Did you remember to visit his site so he can make abit of $$$ off of those wild claims? :p

That one cent must be from me =p.

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
JRPGfan said:

Did you remember to visit his site so he can make abit of $$$ off of those wild claims? :p

That one cent must be from me =p.

I laughed and visited it too lol :)

Nah, more like 12m. Maybe 20m next year or the year after.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

konnichiwa said:

Don't believe it, it is going to be way higher to credible sources:

ZhugeEX.com : Nintendo to ship 50 million units in first year according to sources

Nintendo yet again undershipping to artificially create demand.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

When/where did Kimishima estimate 110 million units LT?

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

That's probably his statement that Switch can sell as much as Wii taking a life of its own. But really, Wii and 110m aren't far apart, so... *shrugs*

I guess. Overall this article is shoddy and just the fact alone they extracted what Kimishima said to an actual number makes it even more suspect.

Reports also say the switch will include a toaster in the Pro version

Those are very high expectations, if true. That is PS4 level of success, even more actually. I think if they can hit 10mil in a year, it would be great news.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Look, I'm quite bullish on Switch's chances, but either this source is wrong or Nintendo has lost its damn mind. 

That can't be right. And what's the source on Kimishima's 110 million lifetime expectation? 10-12 million in the first fiscal year would be amazing, 20 million is what Sony projected for the PS4 in its third fiscal year.