By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playtonic's next game?

Maybe partner up with MS and create Banjo Threeie? Im sure they would want to aswell since that franchise was there heart and sole.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Maybe they could try something they haven't done before.

There are so few 3D collecathon platformers, compaired to everything else these days, and their good at them, its what their known for (rare guys that form Playstonic). Id rather they just kept at it.

Azzanation said:
Maybe partner up with MS and create Banjo Threeie? Im sure they would want to aswell since that franchise was there heart and sole.

They left Rare because they wanted to do their own thing and not be under the thumb of someone else.

Why would they jump right back in again? Im sure they have plenty of idea's and things they would rather do.

I love the way Yooka-Laylee looks and sounds in the trailers, but indie studios have a track record with making incredibly short games when they look this good, or they are just pointlessly filled with an infinite space of nothing (hello No Man's Sky). I hope that this game breaks that tradition and, if so, I'd like a Yooka sequel or something along those lines. If the game is short, then I hope they do what the ShovelKnight makers did and spend like 1-2 years on releasing dlc to make the game feel like a full game.

Yooka Laylee 2 with 2x the budget!

flashfire926 said:
A spiritual sequel to conker would be awesome.

Or they could partner up with Nintendo for Donkey Kong 128 or Diddy Kong racing 2.

CaptainExplosion said:
flashfire926 said:
A spiritual sequel to conker would be awesome.

Or they could partner up with Nintendo for Donkey Kong 128 or Diddy Kong racing 2.

That'd be nice. It'd certainly be easier than getting Nintendo to buy back the rights to Conker and Banjo so that we can have a re-release of Diddy Kong Racing on Switch.

I don't know about one to Conker though, because it doesn't seem like anything can top this:

shikamaru317 said:
Tonker's Bad Ripoff Day, lol.

As much as I want it, Playtonic devs didn't make Conker though, those devs formed a separate indie studio.

Not a platformer but a successor to Jet Force Gemini.

Around the Network
axumblade said:
I think as long as Yooka turns out to be as awesome as it seems, they will probably turn it into a series. That or one of the big 3 will have them work on a licensed game for them (sony- jak, microsoft-banjo or nintendo- DKC). I know Sonys is a bit of a longshot but a real Jak and Daxter game is long overdue

I know it not likely, but a Jack game from the guys who made Banjo would be awesome.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

A spiritual sequel to Jet Force Gemini would be awesome :D

JRPGfan said:
CaptainExplosion said:
Maybe they could try something they haven't done before.

There are so few 3D collecathon platformers, compaired to everything else these days, and their good at them, its what their known for (rare guys that form Playstonic). Id rather they just kept at it.

Azzanation said:

They left Rare because they wanted to do their own thing and not be under the thumb of someone else.

Why would they jump right back in again? Im sure they have plenty of idea's and things they would rather do.

Why wouldnt they? Im sure they would love to finish off what they started. Especially there fans. Id rather Playtonic make Banjo Threeie than MS licensing another company to make it. Im sure they would rather make it aswell.