By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - There is a bill that will provide universal healthcare for California residents.

http://iecn.com/bill-aims-provide-health-care-californians/

First the $15 minimum wage hike, then this? Im sure glad to be a California resident :)

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network

Now you guys just need water!

Sometimes I wish I still was, but I own quite a few guns and few knives that wouldn't be able to own if I was still there. One of the perks of living in Arizona.

I used to have a family member that lived in California, until he moved back to Michigan. In fact that seems to be a running theme... I have another that went to Florida and then back to Michigan, and another that went to Arizona and then back to Michigan, and then another that went to Alabama but wants to go back to Michigan. I myself have never been to California, and I've spent over 99% of my time in the US in Michigan.

I doubt it'll pass. Outside of the major cities (especially SF, my hometown) California gets conservative fast. If California couldn't revoke the death penalty I don't think this'll happen. Would be pleasantly surprised if it did, though.

Around the Network

Good. Let the states do it individually. Keep the federal government out of it.

the concerning part is that California is mega in debt as it is..... this sort of thing will just further that.

All for states deciding their own shit, but if AS IT IS (before some sort of universal healthcare) California already fails at balancing their budget. What happens if the state is in a massive deficit in the future? I doubt this bill gets passed

the minimum wage is a logical move because its been so poorly adjusted over the last few decades. 

But I do agree with the sentiments that its better for individual states to be deciding if they want to do state gov healthcare stuff, rather than the fed gov doing all of that. Keep the states big and the Federal government small and people can actually live in states with rules and lives they prefer 

California is the only state in this country where government doesn't have it's head firmly up it's own ass and constantly makes attempts to step into the 21st century.

You think minimum hike wage is good? It is not, only creates unemployment. Learn the libertarian way.

Heh this will be pretty hilarious to watch as millions of sick Americans move to Commiefornia to use their universal healthcare.