By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

For a guy who promised to "win so much, you'd be sick of all the winning", Trumpy sure seems to lose a lot.

It's almost as if governing is a lot more complicated than running a business where you answer to no one. No one could've possibly seen this coming.

Around the Network
RJ_Sizzle said:
iron_megalith said:

Ridiculous? Obama care is ridiculous as well. The problem here was that they were trying to replace a shitty system with an equally shitty one.

More shitty since it was in favor of the fat cat companies and a lot less people would have been covered. They thought they could sell it to the public by showing it didn't take as many pages to draft as the ACA, which is honestly one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen in a press conference... ever. 

Doesn't really matter which has more shit in it. The fact that both are shit doesn't change that going after Obamacare was a necessity.

I dare to claim that Obama is as bad as Trump. The only difference is he's better at PR-ing his way around dirty matters by shoving political correctness to make it look just. Remember that he nearly caused more unrest by adding fuel to the fire by constantly bringing up so-called studies/data about "rampant racist police enforcement practices against black people".

Tigerlure said:
VGPolyglot said:

Well, it would have been better if the Democrats hadn't passed such a shitty health care in the first place.

Health care was always shity, way before the Dems became involved. America should go single payer.

Whether or not its shit depends on who you ask. If you didn't have it, it was probably shit.

Other developed countries seem to have a hybrid system. Essentially government option and private. There are compelling arguments why we should move in that direction, but going the Canada route... no thanks.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Soundwave said:
For a guy who promised to "win so much, you'd be sick of all the winning", Trumpy sure seems to lose a lot.

It's almost as if governing is a lot more complicated than running a business where you answer to no one. No one could've possibly seen this coming.

This is exactly what I anticipated, those who are opposed to Trump will try to get in his way every time regardless what he's doing. Dems treat him as a villain and are sticking with their ideals. I say look forward to many protests and legal hurdles when the wall starts to happen.

You gotta admit, saying we're gonna win was much better than... "America is already great." Especially when the left does most of the whining about this country.

If the country was run like a business there would arguably be less waste, maybe some accountability. Instead we see a lot of pandering for votes.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

TheLegendaryWolf said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I'd argue Obamacare sucks from a lack of compromise and terrible ideas right out the gate.

I actually agree there should be a system where everybody pays into healthcare, but Obamacare isn't that.

^ 100% agreed. In a way it feel s like Obamacare was purposely created to be hard to make future amendments and the such considering the labyrith of a bill  has around 2,000 pages. Any possible replacement plan will have difficulties making a smooth transition from it which is lamentable in the case when and if Obamacare does eventually fall apart under it's own weight.

Now the narrative is any replacment is going to kill "X" number of people.

Obamacare will get worse before it gets better so now its just wait and see.

Recently Completed

Around the Network

Trump's arrogance and hubris will lead to his downfall. Trump discredits anyone who stands up against him as fake news. Trump's dummy spits when he does not get his own way clearly shows he does not have respect for democratic process. Trump would make a great dictator of a third world country but as President of the USA, Trump is a sad pathetic joke.

Please stop referring to whatever Ryan created as "Trumpcare," it is a very misleading label. I doubt Trump actually had anything to do with the bill proper, much less its details. My personal bet is that Donohue, President of The US Chamber of Commerce (i.e. corporate greed incarnate), had commissioned the contents of the bill and gotten Ryan to push it*. It's also rather interesting to note that the Koch brothers actually fought against the bill by threatening to defund any (R)s who voted for the bill, hence Ryan's failure to garner enough votes.

One thing is for sure: Paul Ryan's political dreams - if there were any left after losing with Romney in 2012 - have been shattered, completely. And, Trump will have no shortage of people to blame for Obamacare's inevitable failure in 2H 2017...

*- with Trump's implicit approval, I may add. I say "implicit" because Trump merely asked for healthcare solutions to be passed in congress, and while he did support Ryan and the bill proper, he already found an out through his day-one EO.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Mr Puggsly said:
Soundwave said:

This is exactly what I anticipated, those who are opposed to Trump will try to get in his way every time regardless what he's doing. Dems treat him as a villain and are sticking with their ideals. I say look forward to many protests and legal hurdles when the wall starts to happen.

You gotta admit, saying we're gonna win was much better than... "America is already great." Especially when the left does most of the whining about this country.

If the country was run like a business there would arguably be less waste, maybe some accountability. Instead we see a lot of pandering for votes.

Like Republicans didn't try to block Obama at every turn even when he was proposing common sense legislation. 

Trump's party controls the House so he can't blame this on Democrats either. 

As a businessman Trump also went bankrupt 4 times. He's a reality TV salesman more than he is some kind of wonder business man who's going to drive up the national debt to monumental levels to give rich people larger tax breaks. 

Soundwave said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Like Republicans didn't try to block Obama at every turn even when he was proposing common sense legislation. 

As a businessman Trump also went bankrupt 4 times. He's a reality TV salesman more than he is some kind of wonder business man who's going to drive up the national debt to monumental levels to give rich people larger tax breaks. 

Common sense seems to subjective, the real concern is true motives. Hence, give them an inch and eventually its incredibly difficult legally get a gun.

I'm not blaming the democrats for the healthcare replacment for failing, but they shouldn't stand in the way of common sense things like proper border security.

We just had a left wing president drive up the national debt, Hillary or Bernie would have likely done the same. If Trump does the same, oh well. Objectively it seems inevitable with the leaders this country chooses. Bottomline, I really don't wanna hear left wingers bitching about the debt after Obama.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
Soundwave said:

Common sense seems to subjective, the real concern is true motives. Hence, give them an inch and eventually its incredibly difficult legally get a gun.

I'm not blaming the democrats for the healthcare replacment for failing, but they shouldn't stand in the way of common sense things like proper border security.

We just had a left wing president drive up the national debt, Hillary or Bernie would have likely done the same. If Trump does the same, oh well. Objectively it seems inevitable with the leaders this country chooses. Bottomline, I really don't wanna hear left wingers bitching about the debt after Obama.

LOL I might not be a expert about politics but Obama isn't and wasn't a left wing president.  The only people that think that Obama is a leftist are the people on the far right and people that are totally clueless about politics those people for the most part also believe that he is a Muslim and was born in Kenya.