By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Apparently it is impossible to create a good healthcare plan within 7 years. I guess that means, the people after Trump have to deal with this.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

It bugs me that Obamacare has become so political as it really is a broken mess of a system that is basically an unreasonable tax on the young to cover the expenses of the elderly.

Seriously, whereas private health insurance once would have cost me next to nothing, now it's too expensive to justify. Meanwhile, Obamacare is set up in such a way that I'll be paying thousands of dollars a year without ever seeing any benefits before meeting the deductible unless something catastrophic happens, keeping in mind that catastrophic health care used to be incredibly affordable for the young. Worst of all, if I just want to roll the dice and say "fuck it" given I'll almost certainly be paying out of pocket for my medication anyway, those assholes in congress are going to fine me for not paying for a service (how exactly is this not a tax again?)

The end result is that everyone is dependent on employers for some decent damn health care, which is why they are so hesitant to employ full time and instead hire part time.

There are certainly those who benefit from Obamacare, they being primarily those with preexisting conditions and the elderly, but it rather fucked everything up for the rest of us. Even acknowledging that, though, taking another pass at healthcare has become this ideological battle, viewed as a conflict over the legacy of Obama (as far as Congress and legislation is concerned this really is about all he has), with the right seeming to want to repeal and replace it just to stick it to the left, and the left desperately defending a broken system just to save face. Trump, meanwhile, who really can't even be covered by the blanket statement "the right" given they so rarely agree and endorse his ideas, probably just wants to live up to the rabble rousing rhetoric he employed on the campaign (I suppose some credit is due for him actually following through on his bullshit) and stamp the "Trump" name on some new legislation.

I really hate politics sometimes... It's pretty humorous looking back at Obama and the healthcare backers calmly saying "You can keep your current insurance", fully knowing this was utter bullshit.

Johnw1104 said:

It bugs me that Obamacare has become so political as it really is a broken mess of a system that is basically an unreasonable tax on the young to cover the expenses of the elderly.

Seriously, whereas private health insurance once would have cost me next to nothing, now it's too expensive to justify. Meanwhile, Obamacare is set up in such a way that I'll be paying thousands of dollars a year without ever seeing any benefits before meeting the deductible unless something catastrophic happens, keeping in mind that catastrophic health care used to be incredibly affordable for the young. Worst of all, if I just want to roll the dice and say "fuck it" given I'll almost certainly be paying out of pocket for my medication anyway, those assholes in congress are going to fine me for not paying for a service (how exactly is this not a tax again?)

The end result is that everyone is dependent on employers for some decent damn health care, which is why they are so hesitant to employ full time and instead hire part time.

There are certainly those who benefit from Obamacare, they being primarily those with preexisting conditions and the elderly, but it rather fucked everything up for the rest of us. Even acknowledging that, though, taking another pass at healthcare has become this ideological battle, viewed as a conflict over the legacy of Obama (as far as Congress and legislation is concerned this really is about all he has), with the right seeming to want to repeal and replace it just to stick it to the left, and the left desperately defending a broken system just to save face. Trump, meanwhile, who really can't even be covered by the blanket statement "the right" given they so rarely agree and endorse his ideas, probably just wants to live up to the rabble rousing rhetoric he employed on the campaign (I suppose some credit is due for him actually following through on his bullshit) and stamp the "Trump" name on some new legislation.

I really hate politics sometimes... It's pretty humorous looking back at Obama and the healthcare backers calmly saying "You can keep your current insurance", fully knowing this was utter bullshit.

The Afordable Care Act (Obamacare) isn't a left plan its a Republican plan its more or less the same as Romeycare.  Pretty much everone that is on the left or left leaning is not a fan of Obamacare and really wants a single payer universal healthcare plan.

NightDragon83 said:
Good... "Trumpcare" was just the GOP's version of Obamacare-lite anyway. Let Obamacare fail on its own, it doesn't need help being killed, and focus efforts on things people actually want NOW like tax reform, eliminating redundant and overburdening economic regulations, and working on a new infrastructure deal.

LOL the infrastructure deal is going to be a even bigger joke then this healthcare plan was, its going to be toll roads and even more toll roads.

Around the Network
Johnw1104 said:

Sorry, but that is exactly how a healthcare, or any insurance system for that matter, HAS to work. People who don't need insurance pay so that people that do can get the money. It's the exact same thing with pensions. People who DO work, pay for people who cannot work anymore. This is a basic logical concept.

Of course the system isn't working if not everyone is mandated to pay. You have the same system in every civilized country with functioning healthcare. That is exactly why it works.

Americans need to get it into their thick heads that taxes are not an inherently evil thing. They are a necessity that help to keep the country running. If not everyone is paying taxes the whole system collapses. People should embrace taxes because the more taxes are paid, the better off the country is as a whole.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

JRPGfan said:

From youtube comments:

- the travel ban failed twice

- healthcare bill failed (26m people within 4years to lose healthcare if it went though, prices will skyrocket so top1% of the richest in US get tax cuts)

- Mexico isn't paying for the wall (the price if building one is insane)

- approval ratings in the thirties

- ISIS is still fighting and there's no plan to defeat it (promised to "deal" with ISIS within first 30days of office)

- Putin is still in Ukraine

- Flynn resigned and registered as a foreign agent retroactively

- Failed to demonstrate Obama wiretapped him (lies)

- Golfed 11 times in 8 weeks at the expense of the taxpayers

- Removed Wall Street Regulations (too big to fail, going to happend again, his rich buddies get richer)

How did the US vote for this guy?

Because other guy was basically more Obama. We could make a long list of why people didn't trust Hillary or her husband. We could also make a long list of Obama's failures.

Dems are just looking for any excuses to piss and moan about Trump. Sounds like they were drinking the kool aid more than his supporters. People seem content about Obama misleading us and frankly being an awful leader.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

vivster said:
Apparently it is impossible to create a good healthcare plan within 7 years. I guess that means, the people after Trump have to deal with this.

You speak as if republicans have already given up.

We are only a few months into the Trump administration. There is still time to go a different route.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

SamLeheny said:
Jeez, that's gotta sting. Historically it's hard to not get your bill passed when you're party controls the house. Yet he managed it somehow. That's what happens when you think you can approach politicians like share holders. They don't respond to it. Let's see if it's a lesson he actually learns.

Well a lot of republicans genuinely felt it was bad plan and there is still time to go another route. Probably for the best even if its being treated as a bad day for republicans.

Just remember this, dems supported Obamacare and now Trump is our president. That's not a coincidence.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
vivster said:

You speak as if republicans have already given up.

We are only a few months into the Trump administration. There is still time to go a different route.

They had all of Obama's legislation to come up with something better. I won't hold my breath for them achieving something in 3 years that they couldn't in 7.