By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which game is a bigger embarrassment to their franchise? (FFXV or Andromeda?)

Which game is more embarassing?

Final Fantasy XV 45 23.32%

Final Fantasy XV 13 6.74%

Mass Effe- I mean Final Fantasy XV 135 69.95%

Total:193

So if you're like me then you've had the incredible misfortune of having to playing the newest entry in Square's long, boring, outdated, and archaic JRPG series. Called Final Fantasy XV. Or 15 if you're a simpleton. For a while there it looked like FFXV was going to be the saddest thing to ever happen to a popular franchise this gen but lo and behold, a new challenger has entered the ring. Mass Effect Andromeda looks like a boring and poorly designed open world sci fi thingy that doesn't pay any respect to its once great legacy. Kind of of like Final Fantasy XV!

So anyways, which game do YOU believe is the bigger embarrassment this gen?

Discuss. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

Mass Effect Andromeda. Final Fantasy had already lost some of its stature while Mass Effect was riding high bar the ending of number 3.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Who said FFXV was an embarrassment? I enjoyed the hell out of that game and loving the new timed quest.

After FFXIII that franchise had no where to go up.

Andromeda is only an "embarrassment" as we're far too critical and see the absolute worst moments and animations popped up onto twitter as if that represents the entire product. "Disappointment", I think, would be a better word for it... I suppose one would have to go with Andromeda given the previous games were all considered superior.

Andromeda stings the most. Final Fantasy has fallen from grace at one point, Mass Effect, really hasn't until now.

Around the Network

FFXV wasn't an embarrassment. Its got issues but its a fine addition to the final fantasy series. I havent played Andromeda yet but it doesn't seem that bad.

Uh...Mass Effect Andromeda, no question? Like, none. At all.

Say what you want about your personal taste but the reality is that if you pull back to get a more general perspective, Final Fantasy XV was received as a rather good game by the majority. And it along with Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn was viewed as a return to form of a sort after the XIII trilogy and XIV ran the franchise straight into the ground.

Mass Effect Andromeda, on the other hand, followed up on a game with a controversial ending but otherwise very well liked game and is, if nothing else generally perceived as disappointing. Not terrible, but disappointing. And the many technical short comings are embarrassing for any game with this much dev time.

ffxv is a really great game... mass of course

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

ME Andromeda, of course, FFXV is no embarrasment at all. Its decent a Final Fantasy, far from the best and yet far from the worst. Like the horrible thing that was FFXIII.

ME Andromeda is huge stain in an otherwise perfect record and from what can be read, a bad game overall.

Jokes? FFXV>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(infinite arrows)>>>>>FFXIII

ME(1-3)>>>>>>>>>ME Andromeda (according to masses)