By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E3 2017: How MS needs to stir excitement for Scorpio launch and future of Xbox

Very quiet year for MS thus far and with its lackluster presence in the first half of 2017 in relation to the other players in the space its no wonder the platform is not in the conversation and its lucrativity for many is in jeopardy.

The question remains if its being done purposely to reserve exciting announcements to coincide with Scorpio reveal.

In the meantime, it is obvious that despite its anticipated/confirmed releases later this year :

Phantom Dust  and Vodoo Vince remasters, FM7, Crackdown, State of Decay, Sea of Thieves, Cuphead, Tacoma, Below...

....... that the platform really needs to hit some notes and show a reinvestment on platform content going forward. 

What kind of projects would really hammer home a focus on Xbox? What i expect to see at the MS conference:

*Halo 6 running on Scorpio

*Shadow of The Tomb Raider

*FM7

*Moon Studios new game

Sequels that need to be and should be greenlighted by fan request (listen up Phil!):

*Fable 4

*Ryse 2: The Empire (possibly....Crytek could use the financial injection))

*Alan Wake 2 (Spencer says Remedy has to want to make it)

*Sunset Overdrive 2 ( Insomniac is waiting on MS)

* Splinter Cell (XBOX needs SAM FISHER, 4 yrs since the excellent Blacklist, perfect timing ...)

*Banjo, Conker, Blinx (platform needs a mascot platformer to soften its image)

*Lost Odyssey 2 ( a long shot...)

IP that need a new revival with todays hardware:

Perfect Dark reboot (reintroduce and flesh out Joanna Dark do her universe justice)

MechAssault!

Crimson Skies

Brute Force reboot ( why couldn't The Coalition take this IP on with UE4 in between Gears?)

Lots of these are obvious, lots are wishful thinking...we all know MS could use some new IP, but some of these if done right are just what the platform needs...more Xbox games.

What say you?

PC I i7 3770K @4.5Ghz I 16GB 2400Mhz I GTX 980Ti FTW

Consoles I PS4 Pro I Xbox One S 2TB I Wii U I Xbox 360 S

Around the Network

I've lost hope. The last good xbox exclusive was Sunset Overdrive.

3rd party exclusives would be cool, like a splinter cell or Alan wake but I doubt MS iis interested, and the publishers know they are shooting themselves in the foot with a single platform release. 

So many duds since then, Halo 5, Gears 4, Rebore, Halo wars.

I believe MS have absolutely nothing to offer , unless 343 and coalition get their acts together. I'm fine with just playing the main xbox series staples, new ip's are a tough order, but unless Gears and Halo get back on track,it's over.

What the fuck is 4k support going to achieve?

Don't see any software to be that excited by, it honestly doesn't even seem like they are trying. Do they even have a studio with a big budget that we don't know are working on something?

It's just going to be the same stuff as usual. They might have a third party exclusive, and that is about it

Microsoft needs to do A LOT.

It needs to show off a bunch of homegrown games, it needs to build up its internal studios, it needs to make meaningful partnerships with third parties (buying a year of exclusivity doesn't count), and it needs to back away from gaming-as-a-service.

I don't have a lot of faith, as Xbox has been doing the complete opposite: delaying or canceling big projects; closing studios and mothballing IPs; and flirting with gaming subscription services.

Dont own a Xbox One, but I think it should get these, if possible:

Lost Odyssey 2, Fable 4, a banjo/conker game.

Around the Network

I remember shinobi602 mentioning how Microsoft Corp is tightening the purse strings on the Xbox division, so there is likely a limit to how much the division can do. We'll probably see MS getting marketing rights to a big 3rd party game like the new Assassin's Creed and a bunch of partnerships. However, MS needs to do way more than that, especially when it's not just Sony who's bringing the heat, but also Nintendo.

I am buying a Scorpio whatever happens but Ryse 2, Sunset 2 and a potential for a new fable or remedy game do sound extremely good to me.

Also they are releasing an update to recore, the game was flawed but it showed some great things and a sequel could really make up for its shortcomings.

Microsoft needs to do a lot but they have been on the right track, Forza Horizon 3 is proberbly the game of the generation for me and Quantum Break was superb, I don't own an xbox one yet and I played the PC versions so I missed Sunset, master chief collection, rare replays and some others, but they managed some great stuff before.

Also a potential reboot of a rare series, like perfect dark or kameo, if done well, could be amazing

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Does SquareEnix really want to partner up with Microsoft again? Rise didn't do too well on the console.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:
Does SquareEnix really want to partner up with Microsoft again? Rise didn't do too well on the console.

How much did it sell?

Goatseye said:
flashfire926 said:

How much did it sell?

You do have a point. No one knows.

Though it seems that Square Enix wasn't completely satisfied with the sales numbers, since they fired Darrell Gallagher (CEO of Crystal Dynamics who made the deal with Microsoft) shortly after the game released.

It was a great game though. It made the XB1 a very attractive purchase and I personally enjoyed the great port on my 360.

OT:

I think MS will have a very strong E3 conference with both 1st party and 3rd party showings.

Personally, I'd also like to see new IP and of course Age of Empires 4.