By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Terror attack in London

HollyGamer said:
LadyJasmine said:

Its simple I want to be with a guy and its haram...

Yet my male relatives b with girls  and its 'boys will be boys'

i dont get it , what you mean 

if your reason is only because of guy's then is not because of Islam is an ancient or Islam fault, that's because you choosing a guy over  a religion. 

which I rather do as the religion sees me as chattel for men. 

Around the Network
LadyJasmine said:

As far as I understand it is not a religious thing, it is a country thing. Ex: Islam in Turkey is not the same as in Pakistan, and Indonesia is not the same as Iran, etc etc. Turkey, Pakistan, and Indonesia all had female head of state. Were they chattel?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
LadyJasmine said:

As far as I understand it is not a religious thing, it is a country thing. Ex: Islam in Turkey is not the same as in Pakistan, and Indonesia is not the same as Iran, etc etc. Turkey, Pakistan, and Indonesia all had female head of state. Were they chattel?

They were strong women though who acted like men...

3 step guide to defend Islam for idiots

1. The quote from The Koran is taken out of Context.

2. That is culture not religion

3. Shut up your racist.

Reality is that whatever the teachings of Islam are have been absorbed by a culture that does not respect women and the people who it the most are the ones who say they are religious.

I am glad to live in the west and be rid of that way of thinking that has no real place in 2017 in a tolerant society. 

HollyGamer said:
Pemalite said:

You cannot lump science in with any religion.

Islam, like Christianity and Judaism are entirely built upon the concept of faith, aka. Belief without evidence, which is something that goes against the very foundations of scientific principle.

Most theistic religions use their faith to justify their own personal truth rather than use any evidence-based approach.
Then they use that personal truth to justify their faith, it's a vicious circle... And science isn't included within that framework.

Not wise to attack the Bible. The Quran is built from the exact same religious context that the Bibles Old Testament is built from... Which in turn are both derived from the Torah, the Jewish Bible.
Of course they all have their on twists and turns to differentiate. Hell even "Allah" translated from Arabic to English means "God".

You can bet your ass the Quran is full of contradictions.

I need to fix your statement the Qur'an is indeed came from the same God and brought the same message to fix the old messages from Jesus , Moses and Abraham that already twisted by their people after their long gone. The old testament , the new tastament , the torrah the zabur , are all already been twisted for so long by the Jews and the Jesus Follower . That's why it has many simmilarities yet so different.  The Quran is the last God holybook to bring back all the Christian and Jew to worshiped back the Onnones God without associating Him with his creature 

The difference is many of Christian belive that the Bible is not original anymore,  the prove is there will always be a new  " revision " a  " new version ", a " new edition " .  Even their popes and grand popes are seeing that because they tried to fix the content of the bible but it lead to nothing. There are no more original bible exist from this world , not anymore.

U need to learn Hystory , so many pagan worshiping mix with the Bible and Christian from Christmast, Birthday etc etc. It all started in Nicea grat Councils gathering to makes some  change to God Words with their own version for their own gains. 

I don't understand how you can go on and on about correcting and educating Christians by using absurd terms like popes and grand popes as if they matter to all Christians.

I don't understand how cultural observation of holidays became pagan worshipping. I'm a white guy living in the US that went to a religious school and I have a better understanding of Islam than you do of Christianity.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

LadyJasmine said:
deskpro2k3 said:

3. Shut up your racist.

Reality is that whatever the teachings of Islam are have been absorbed by a culture that does not respect women and the people who it the most are the ones who say they are religious.

I am glad to live in the west and be rid of that way of thinking that has no real place in 2017 in a tolerant society. 

Yes, Islamic society is sexist, but that's hardly exclusive to them. Western society is also sexist, we're just so used to it and it's so ingrained that we don't really notice it. It's easy to compare societies and notice the differences in the treatment of women, but it's harder for people to evaluate their own society and find examples of sexism.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
LadyJasmine said:

3. Shut up your racist.

Yes, Islamic society is sexist, but that's hardly exclusive to them. Western society is also sexist, we're just so used to it and it's so ingrained that we don't really notice it. It's easy to compare societies and notice the differences in the treatment of women, but it's harder for people to evaluate their own society and find examples of sexism.

Only a person from outside the culture would say something so tone deaf. 

Can you stop playing the victim for once ? 

To equate sexism between the Islamic world and the West is dishonest in 2017. 

There is sexism in the West but I think being a women who is from an Islamic country I think I have a better perspective then you about these things.

LadyJasmine said:
VGPolyglot said:

There is sexism in the West but I think being a women who is from an Islamic country I think I have a better perspective then you about these things.

How am I playing the victim? I'm not a woman, so I don't know how saying that there's sexism in Western countries is playing the victim card. It's not dishonest, it's dishonest to insinuate that the Western world is some utopia where sexism is nonexistant. Also, in regards to your last sentence, Lil Wayne said that there's no racism, he's black and comes from a black family, so that means that he's right, right? No, racism still exists. I'm not just going to take your word for it.

VGPolyglot said:
LadyJasmine said:

How am I playing the victim? I'm not a woman, so I don't know how saying that there's sexism in Western countries is playing the victim card. It's not dishonest, it's dishonest to insinuate that the Western world is some utopia where sexism is nonexistant. Also, in regards to your last sentence, Lil Wayne said that there's no racism, he's black and comes from a black family, so that means that he's right, right? No, racism still exists. I'm not just going to take your word for it.

I agree, racism in the Western World still exists. As a white Eastern European male, living and working in Canada in the last 10 years, I have experienced racism and discrimination against me at work, coming from people of Asian and Middle Eastern origin. But we never talk about this kind of racism, because only white people can be racist. Also, I laugh at your claims that the Western societies are sexist.  Actually I agree, people of Middle Eastern origin are pretty sexist, but again, according to our dumbF premier "Honour killings shouldn't be called barbaric".

ratuscafoarterea said:
VGPolyglot said:

I agree, racism in the Western World still exists. As a white Eastern European male, living and working in Canada in the last 10 years, I have experienced racism and discrimination against me at work, coming from people of Asian and Middle Eastern origin. But we never talk about this kind of racism, because only white people can be racist. Also, I laugh at your claims that the Western societies are sexist.  Actually I agree, people of Muddle Eastern origin are pretty sexist, but again, according to our dumbF premier "Honour killings shouldn't be called barbaric".

I don't think that I said that only whites can be racist, or that racism cannot be directed at whites. Of course there are non-white racists, and there is racism towards whites. And Western society is sexist, just because there are other places that are more sexist doesn't mean ours isn't.  However, I don't live in Islamic countries, so I am powerless in regards to what I can do there. I live in the Western world, however, so the majority of my focus should be on Western countries.

VGPolyglot said:
ratuscafoarterea said:

I agree, racism in the Western World still exists. As a white Eastern European male, living and working in Canada in the last 10 years, I have experienced racism and discrimination against me at work, coming from people of Asian and Middle Eastern origin. But we never talk about this kind of racism, because only white people can be racist. Also, I laugh at your claims that the Western societies are sexist.  Actually I agree, people of Muddle Eastern origin are pretty sexist, but again, according to our dumbF premier "Honour killings shouldn't be called barbaric".

I don't think that I said that only whites can be racist, or that racism cannot be directed at whites. Of course there are non-white racists, and there is racism towards whites. And Western society is sexist, just because there are other places that are more sexist doesn't mean ours isn't.  However, I don't live in Islamic countries, so I am powerless in regards to what I can do there. I live in the Western world, however, so the majority of my focus should be on Western countries.

No, you don’t get it. You have here a user, LadyJasmine, that has lived in both worlds (Western and Middle Eastern) that laughs at your comment and tells you “To equate sexism between the Islamic world and the West is dishonest in 2017.” and you still act as the Western world is as bad.