By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Terror attack in London

Indian and asians did not run over thier fellow countrymen with cars and trucks though to the countries they immigrated too. (yes this was only a handful of Muslims who did but still this was never a issue in those communities at all and they are as big or bigger).

and want to change the local cultures to suit thier religious to such an extent Not a fair comparison...

And another thing to realize is some of the most hateful anti islamic sentiments are from Indians and Asians immigrant groups themselves in Canada as they feel rather stupidly we are 'ruining the immigrant experience' 

Around the Network
LadyJasmine said:
SpokenTruth said:

Because the wholesale labeling of a group of 1.7 billion as equitable to the few thousand members of ISIS is problematic on multiple fronts.

1. The criticism of Islam is a massive recruiting tool.  You create your own enemy.

2. It damages our relationships with foreign nations in the fight against ISIS.

3. It's childish, asisine and hypocritical.

By the way, if that Imam sermon drew police complaints...who complained?  You insinuate that the congregation simply listened and accepted his speach and yet, the police were called in.  Obviously, many in the congregation didn't take kindly to the Imam's hate speach. 

Islam is a deeply flawed religion that goes against liberal values and I can say that as a former Muslim myself and likely have far more knowledge of the local community and of my own faith and the problems within it.

The fact  liberals defend it yet bash on christianity simply shows hypocrisy of the highest order.

Frstly being critical of islam is not saying all Muslims are terrorists. That is just racist.

Saying Islam has an issue in being hateful against other religious minorties and treats women badly are now seen as racist attacks when that is a legit crictism of the the religion based on what we have seen in the world where Islam is dominant. 

The point of liberalism is to defend the freedom of religion and stand against the unprogressive aspects of it..

Not defend religions especially ones full of backwards ideals such as islam.

Christinanity in general has somewhat changed to a changing world, yet people would not think twice on bashing christians but decry attacks on islam as racist.

No your making up facts, the police only got involved after the muslim congress of Canada got involved and the story leaked out to the media. The reality is this man was invited with such known views and was listened and to had a receptive audience in a secular peaceful nation.

Is it Islam that goes against liberal values or the culture that often embeds itself in people from Muslim majority countries and the non-Muslim surrounding areas? For instance, India and much if its population has major issues surrounding treatment of women but this is not a Muslim majority country. Surrounding countries also have similar cultural issues and a number of them do have Muslim majorities.

Christianity also has potential issues in the bible, but the societies and the culture that has grown in Western Christian/secular countries is often different and the more peaceful elements of the religion get highlighted whilst the violent bits get ignored as metaphors or put into "historical context".

At the end of the day I don't think it's the religions themelves that are the problem. They're simply the excuse people use to back up their own shitty society and culture. And I say this as someone opposed to organised religion. 

Islam at it roots has some good values for women but of course some think the Angel Gabriel told the Prophet Mohammed that women should not be able to drive a car lol

HollyGamer said:
Fei-Hung said:

You're very wrong. According to Sahi Hadith the Khawarij are not Muslims. As the Prophet pbuh said, their words / prayers do not go beyond their throat and they as far removed from Islam as an arrow from a bow. 

http://dailyhadith.abuaminaelias.com/2014/09/18/hadith-on-khawarij-the-kharijites-come-with-beautiful-preaching-but-evil-deeds/

Yup you are correct , Saudi has been fighting this terorism and now my country also joined with Saudi to fight this peoples.  We are the salaf are people who go agaisnt khawaridj, 

The Saudi government are one of the worst when it comes to promoting terrorism (along with Pakistan).  They both Islamicized (with the backing of the United States), and the only reason they're even fighting some groups at all is because they're afraid of getting overthrown.

VGPolyglot said:
HollyGamer said:

Yup you are correct , Saudi has been fighting this terorism and now my country also joined with Saudi to fight this peoples.  We are the salaf are people who go agaisnt khawaridj, 

The Saudi government are one of the worst when it comes to promoting terrorism (along with Pakistan).  They both Islamicized (with the backing of the United States), and the only reason they're even fighting some groups at all is because they're afraid of getting overthrown.

Overthrown ??? LOL as long as ka'bah is stil there and nabawi is Stil in Madina, i doubt they will be overthrown.  Even if Oil is empty in there land (that would take more then 3 milenia) they will not go bankrupt, hell even when they were seperated from the Ottoman , they didn't even have support from the empire (before the oil is discovered ) they still survive. 

I have agreat knowladge of salaf (the way of the old/ Muhammad, Companion , 4 scholar ) i am always debating with khawarid (extremist) like ISIS and terorist group.  in Salaf we condamed Terorist , and Salafi movement are from Saudi, i am not finding any teaching about revolution,  agaisnt your goverment, killing innocent or anything. 

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:
VGPolyglot said:

Overthrown ??? LOL as long as ka'bah is stil there and nabawi is Stil in Madina, i doubt they will be overthrown.  Even if Oil is empty in there land (that would take more then 3 milenia) they will not go bankrupt, hell even when they were seperated from the Ottoman , they didn't even have support from the empire (before the oil is discovered ) they still survive. 

I have agreat knowladge of salaf (the way of the old/ Muhammad, Companion , 4 scholar ) i am always debating with khawarid (extremist) like ISIS and terorist group.  in Salaf we condamed Terorist , and Salafi movement are from Saudi, i am not finding any teaching about revolution,  agaisnt your goverment, killing innocent or anything. 

Yeah, have you ever heard of the Grand Mosque Siege? Where a group of militants took over the mosque in Mecca, and it took the Saudi government weeks to get them out? They then Islamicized even further after that because they feared another attempt like that, and didn't want to be seen as infidels.

AZWification said:
Qwark said:

Western society is at an all time low if people like this can become major in London. I like Aboutaleb the major of Rotterdam who is a Muslim (and an Islamophobe according to Erdogan). Defending 911 however is some sick mentality for a London major to have.

He's the same man who believes terror attacks are part of living in a big city.

Sadiq Khan said that, not Aboutaleb.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

LadyJasmine said:

i always find it funny when Liberals defend Islam from all critique and say your racist...

Yet

Then dont say anything about this

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/imam-sermon-montreal-mosque-1.4037397

Imam calling for Jews to be killed in sermon at Montreal mosque draws police complaint

It is good muslims at large are against this but the reality is the man was invited and spoke to 100s of people who sat there and listened.

Where is the anti-christanphobia or anti-jewaphobia law here? Oh wait...

I have no problems with muslims who're normal, and willing to admit their religion has its flaws that should be fixed. Its the reason christianity still isn't crusading and killing itself, because we changed. 

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

celador said:

can't wait to hear what our muslim mayor has to say

surprised he hasn't said anything yet, perhaps taking his time to enjoy the pictures of the injured and killed first

~User was moderated for this post - Ryuu96

You really are a fucking cunt for writing something like this. Prick. 

~User was moderated for this post - Ryuu96

barneystinson69 said:
LadyJasmine said:

i always find it funny when Liberals defend Islam from all critique and say your racist...

Yet

Then dont say anything about this

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/imam-sermon-montreal-mosque-1.4037397

Imam calling for Jews to be killed in sermon at Montreal mosque draws police complaint

It is good muslims at large are against this but the reality is the man was invited and spoke to 100s of people who sat there and listened.

Where is the anti-christanphobia or anti-jewaphobia law here? Oh wait...

I have no problems with muslims who're normal, and willing to admit their religion has its flaws that should be fixed. Its the reason christianity still isn't crusading and killing itself, because we changed. 

You know, the Troubles weren't that long ago.