By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Terror attack in London

VGPolyglot said:
barneystinson69 said:

Anyone can lie in order to justify their actions. The war in Iraq was done for economic purposes (granted, selfish ones), not religious purposes. Whats going on in the middle east today is religious war betweem the sunni and shia. You also deflected the question, as the question was about internal conflict in christianity, not the war in Iraq, and two men's lies...

The wars in the Middle East are also economically based. Iran and Saudi Arabia are both fighting over dominance over the region. Iran is not allied with Iraq, despite both of them being majority Shia.

And why are they fighting for dominance over the region? Why is Iran working with Assad (shia), and Saudi Arabia working with rebels (sunni)? Why is their a civil war in Yemen between Iranian backed fighters and Saudi backed fighters? And why is Iran fighting ISIS in Iraq (a sunni group), while Saudi Arabians are funding them. You can't tell me its just a coincidence, the two branches of islam hate each other, and one wants to gain the upper hand. Of course there are economic advantages, but Iran wants Shia dominance, and Saudi Arabia wants Sunni dominance. Thats why the civil war in Iraq and Syria is still happening...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network
barneystinson69 said:
VGPolyglot said:

The wars in the Middle East are also economically based. Iran and Saudi Arabia are both fighting over dominance over the region. Iran is not allied with Iraq, despite both of them being majority Shia.

And why are they fighting for dominance over the region? Why is Iran working with Assad, and Saudi Arabia not? Why is their a civil war in Yemen between Iranian backed fighters and Saudi backed fighters? And why is Iran fighting ISIS in Iraq (a sunni group), while Saudi Arabians are funding them (ISIS You can't tell me its just a coincidence, the two branches of islam hate each other, and one wants to gain the upper hand. Of course there are economic advantages, but Iran wants Shia dominance, and Saudi Arabia wants Sunni dominance. Thats why the civil war in Iraq and Syria is still happening...

1. Because they both see themselves as the stronger power, and want to have a monopoly on power

2. Syria is allied with Russia and Iran, two enemies of the United States, unlike Saudi Arabia who are very close to the American government

3.  75% percent of Syrians are Sunni, so ISIS's biggest opponent in Syria are Sunnis, either via the FSA, or the SAA. Obviously they're mainly going to be fighting Shias in Iraq because Iraq is majorita Shia.

4. The "civil wars" in Iraq and Syria are still ongoing because they have become proxy wars, with the term civil war being erreneous now. The United States, Russia, Iran and Saudi Arabia are all fighting for resources and influence there.

VGPolyglot said:
barneystinson69 said:

And why are they fighting for dominance over the region? Why is Iran working with Assad, and Saudi Arabia not? Why is their a civil war in Yemen between Iranian backed fighters and Saudi backed fighters? And why is Iran fighting ISIS in Iraq (a sunni group), while Saudi Arabians are funding them (ISIS You can't tell me its just a coincidence, the two branches of islam hate each other, and one wants to gain the upper hand. Of course there are economic advantages, but Iran wants Shia dominance, and Saudi Arabia wants Sunni dominance. Thats why the civil war in Iraq and Syria is still happening...

1. Because they both see themselves as the stronger power, and want to have a monopoly on power

2. Syria is allied with Russia and Iran, two enemies of the United States, unlike Saudi Arabia who are very close to the American government

3.  75% percent of Syrians are Sunni, so ISIS's biggest opponent in Syria are Sunnis, either via the FSA, or the SAA. Obviously they're mainly going to be fighting Shias in Iraq because Iraq is majorita Shia.

4. The "civil wars" in Iraq and Syria are still ongoing because they have become proxy wars, with the term civil war being erreneous now. The United States, Russia, Iran and Saudi Arabia are all fighting for resources and influence there.

1. Of course one wants to be stronger than the other! They utterly hate each other, and boils down to a lot, including the fact one is sunni and the other is shia.

2. And why is Syria allied with Russia and Iran? Other than for strategic regions of course (both are very close to Syria and willing to support Assad), Iran wants him to win because he will expand shia influence, and Russia once a ME satellite state.  

3. 75% of Syrians are Sunni, but Assad himself is a shia, and thats why its in Iran's best interest to work with him. Shia win = more influence for Iran, and the expansion of shia religion in the ME. 

4. Now disagreeing here, but everyone has their own interests. Iran wants to win because they want more shia influence, and America doesn't want that because its a win for the Iranians and Russians, and it'll upset the Saudi's. Why do you think America keeps dragging out a war that they're ultimately losing (I mean against the government).

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

barneystinson69 said:
VGPolyglot said:

1. Of course one wants to be stronger than the other! They utterly hate each other, and boils down to a lot, including the fact one is sunni and the other is shia.

2. And why is Syria allied with Russia and Iran? Other than for strategic regions of course (both are very close to Syria, and willing to support Assad), Iran wants him to win because he will expand shia influence. This has been proven already.

3. 75% of Syrians are Sunni, but Assad himself is a shia, and thats why its in Iran's best interest to work with him. Shia win = more influence for Iran, and the expansion of shia religion in the ME. 

4. Now disagreeing here, but everyone has their own interests. Iran wants to win because they want more shia influence, and America doesn't want that because its a win for the Iranians and Russians, and it'll upset the Saudi's. Why do you think America keeps dragging out a war that they're ultimately losing (I mean against the government).

1. Saudi Arabia hates Iran not because they're Shia, but because they're afraid that Iran's going to promote an Islamic Revolution there like what happened in Iran.

2. Syria is allied with Iran because they were afraid of Saddam and American-backed regimes invaiding them, so they had to get allies in the region.

3. Assad himself is not fighting ISIS. It's the ground troops that are fighting ISIS. Just like how during the Iraq-Iran war the Arab minority in Iran fought against the Iraqi government, and the Shias in Iraq fought against the Iranian government

4. The United States is draggin out the war, because they'd rather have a war-torn country than a unified one that is against them.

we are fucked here.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
barneystinson69 said:

2. And why is Syria allied with Russia and Iran? Other than for strategic regions of course (both are very close to Syria, and willing to support Assad), Iran wants him to win because he will expand shia influence. This has been proven already.

1. Saudi Arabia hates Iran not because they're Shia, but because they're afraid that Iran's going to promote an Islamic Revolution there like what happened in Iran.

2. Syria is allied with Iran because they were afraid of Saddam and American-backed regimes invaiding them, so they had to get allies in the region.

3. Assad himself is not fighting ISIS. It's the ground troops that are fighting ISIS. Just like how during the Iraq-Iran war the Arab minority in Iran fought against the Iraqi government, and the Shias in Iraq fought against the Iranian government

4. The United States is draggin out the war, because they'd rather have a war-torn country than a unified one that is against them.

Alright, this has clearly dragged on long enough. I've had a nice time arguing, but I should go now (before I start getting into this entirely). Also, we really are OT at this point. 

ratuscafoarterea said:
LadyJasmine said:

Islam is a deeply flawed religion that goes against liberal values and I can say that as a former Muslim myself and likely have far more knowledge of the local community and of my own faith and the problems within it.

The fact  liberals defend it yet bash on christianity simply shows hypocrisy of the highest order.

Frstly being critical of islam is not saying all Muslims are terrorists. That is just racist.

Saying Islam has an issue in being hateful against other religious minorties and treats women badly are now seen as racist attacks when that is a legit crictism of the the religion based on what we have seen in the world where Islam is dominant. 

The point of liberalism is to defend the freedom of religion and stand against the unprogressive aspects of it..

Not defend religions especially ones full of backwards ideals such as islam.

Christinanity in general has somewhat changed to a changing world, yet people would not think twice on bashing christians but decry attacks on islam as racist.

No your making up facts, the police only got involved after the muslim congress of Canada got involved and the story leaked out to the media. The reality is this man was invited with such known views and was listened and to had a receptive audience in a secular peaceful nation.

Exactly, I agree with you 100%, only with one thing to add. I think that we’ve got to a point where things are so stinky, not only that people are afraid to criticize islam for the fear of being labeled as racist/ bigots, but they are also afraid of physical harm if they do, from the muslim comunity.

I work with a lot of muslims, young muslims, and I can tell you that they still have a medieval mentality that doesn’t belong/mix well with the modern society.

1.       They are supportive of arranged and forced marriages. I work with women's from Pakistan and Afghanistan, and what made me go WTF, was their stories. These girls have been brought to Canada as kids, and once they reached 18 they have been forced in to arranged marriages. These girls have been through primary and high-school in Canada, and when they reached 18, they have been forced to go back to Afghanistan and Pakistan and marry there with some guy they have never met.

2.       It’s funny how some guy was posting that this is just a muslim vs Christian war, when in fact muslims hate non-believers, the most. I’m an Eastern European born Christian, but I’m a non-believer, an Atheist. Every Muslim that I have met/work with, were very respectful of me knowing that I’m an Eastern European  Christian, once I’ve started telling them that I’m a non-believer, they just lost it on me. That is just another example of how the new wave of liberals, are getting suicidal by defending islam.  

3.       They hate gay people, I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard from my muslim colleges “in my country, we kill gays, and that’s how it should be”.

4.       The only Muslims that I have met/talked to, and had a conversation where  they have openly told me that Islam is wrong and incompatible with the modern society, were Muslims from Africa, especially from Nigeria and Kenya.  And those people agree that islam needs to be reformed.

You know what, we in Eastern Europe, we have learned our lesson during the Ottoman invasions. It’s funny how we don’t have these problems that the West is facing now, maybe it has something to do with the fact that when it comes to Islam, we’ve embraced the motto “you can come in visit, but after the visit, you have to leave” …..

It's weird how muslims are wholeheartedly welcomed by liberals in the west, seemingly oblivious, perhaps better put - ignorant, to its worst excesses. As Sam Harris once said, it's as though the dial on the compass has gone awry, like totally gone west, excuse the pun!

VGPolyglot said:
HollyGamer said:

Overthrown ??? LOL as long as ka'bah is stil there and nabawi is Stil in Madina, i doubt they will be overthrown.  Even if Oil is empty in there land (that would take more then 3 milenia) they will not go bankrupt, hell even when they were seperated from the Ottoman , they didn't even have support from the empire (before the oil is discovered ) they still survive. 

I have agreat knowladge of salaf (the way of the old/ Muhammad, Companion , 4 scholar ) i am always debating with khawarid (extremist) like ISIS and terorist group.  in Salaf we condamed Terorist , and Salafi movement are from Saudi, i am not finding any teaching about revolution,  agaisnt your goverment, killing innocent or anything. 

Yeah, have you ever heard of the Grand Mosque Siege? Where a group of militants took over the mosque in Mecca, and it took the Saudi government weeks to get them out? They then Islamicized even further after that because they feared another attempt like that, and didn't want to be seen as infidels.

And ??? did you think a group of people came in only for less then one week  made the Saudi look like infidels lol???  Did the Qur'an and the hadith change and influence the Islamic society after that ????  Did the militant made some ground breaking  changes to how the Saudi makes pray??? or DID  the militant gain support ??? LOL Read this well even a bomd have been explode near the Masjidil Haram and near Nabawi. But that just a small minor attack that did not change the fact that they still been bless by the God as the protector of two holly cities. Hell even Israel could just send Nukes to Mecca and Nabawi, because the Saudis were banning oil when they were at war, yet until now i didn't see any attempt LOL. Even there were a sufy group  in Russia tride to exclude the Saudi Salafi  from part of Islamic teaching, yet in the end the sufi made some appologist LOL to the Grand Cleric in Mecca and Madina and towards the Saudi Goverment LOL . For Saudi that just a tiny fly pass around just get squashed LOL.

LadyJasmine said:
Islam at it roots has some good values for women but of course some think the Angel Gabriel told the Prophet Mohammed that women should not be able to drive a car lol

Yet my mother can drive a car in Indonesia, Dubai, Malaysia , brunei, pakistan , etc, Hell even in Saudy is not tha strict anymore. I bet you became atheist is not because how Islam works but for other reason , one of it is you lack of Islamic knowledge , i can see from your comment. Many  smart people around  the world  convert to Islam because they found truth in Islam through Science and understanding how the worlds the societies works in the world.  There are people like u in my country because they dont learn islam in the right way. 

VGPolyglot said:
tokilamockingbrd said:

exactly what are these far right groups "guilty" of besides not alighing with your view of the world?

Have you ever wondered why Muslims seem to "radicalize" so easily? It is because they are not radicalizing in the true sense. They just begin to take their holy teachings literally instead of in metaphor.

And it's impossible to take the entire Quran literally because it has so many contradictions. Therefore, they have to choose which parts to believe and which parts to ignore. And societal factors are what helps them choose which parts to follow.

LOL, are u disscussing this with just your assumption , the Quran is not contradict unlike The bible that even their grand pope admite that the bible has been change many times. LMAO