By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you leave you electronics on all day or switch on/off on use?

I power on...

24/7, fully. 6 8.96%

24/7 at least on power saving mode. 15 22.39%

In the waking hours, fully off otherwise. 9 13.43%

Only when using, full of otherwise. 36 53.73%

....results/comment/your mama. 1 1.49%

Total:67

I turn them off when I sleep, but my PC is usually on rest mode during the day, unless I'm working. I turn the TV off whenever I stop using it, of course.

Around the Network

I only have my pc turned off at night. The rest are just idling.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I usually unplug my electronics after I'm done using them, don't really like leaving things on.

John2290 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Just all day? Nah, I leave them on all night too!

But seriously, jokes aside who actually does that? Can't even imagine just walking off and going to class or whatever and leaving the TV on. That just sounds crazy to me. Like it's what you'd expect an old forgetful person to do.

24/7 baby, I have all settings so that things power down after a half hour. My laptop goes into screen off mode and locks. My TV runs a sort of screensaver and alsightly powers down. My ps4...well my ps4 basically runs all waking hours and I but it into sleep mode at night, sometimes forgetting to do so. It is now the longest lasting console I have owened by at 3 years, 3 months. by about 3 months roughly. Not crazy, just combating that killer dampness.

You've never had a console last more than 3 years?  That's some awful hardware luck (depending on how many systems you've ever had).  I've still got a playable NES that I've had in my possession since around 1992 (would have been older, but my younger brother dumped a bottle of colgne in the NES we had gotten for Christmas in '89.  As for CD based systems, my Sega CD from about the same year is still running as well (I know because I've been playing Lunar Silver Star Story on it recently).

Ka-pi96 said:
Zkuq said:

Mostly I keep stuff off or in sleep mode, but my PC is on all the time when I'm home (and not sleeping), and when I'm not, it's usually in sleep mode. I hate turning off my PC completely because then I'd have to log in to Steam again, which means having to dig the stupid two-factor authentication code from my phone. Valve has a retarded system for handling two-factor authentication with Steam: There's an app for it, but you have to manually write the code in the PC client instead of just tapping a button on the phone. Why, Valve, why!?

Doesn't Steam have an auto login option? I always turn my PC/laptop completely off and never have to re-log in. Or is that not available with two facor authentication or something?

It does, but I'm not very comfortable using auto-logins for some reason. That is, I don't know if two-factor authentication is a problem with Steam's auto-login. I suspect it's not but I'm not sure. That said, having to manually input the codes is still very stupid. Tapping a button in the mobile app should be enough.

Around the Network

My PC is never turned off. Roku is always on because no off switch. Everything else I turn off except PS4 which I put in Rest Mode.

My desktop, laptops, and phone are basically always on (albeit usually asleep or closed) unless I'm doing a restart for some reason. Thinking about it now, this may not be the wisest decision, considering how much my desktop cost (it's a 5K iMac), and I absolutely do not have the means to replace it anytime soon. I may start shutting down every night, even if just for superstitious safe feelings.

My PS4 is often on, because I play it nearly everyday, and when it's not being played, my GF uses it for Netflix and Crunchyroll all the time. Otherwise I keep it on suspend mode.

I turn everything off completely and I live in the Netherlands 20 kilometres from the shore in a humid climare. Still my electronics get faster replaced than that they break anyway. Got my PS4 since launch and replaced it by a pro never a single issue. I got my blu ray player for about five years now.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

I turn off my systems completely and just turn it back on when I am using it..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]