By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Colin Moriarty is back

Lafiel said:
epicurean said:

No, it means he made a joke.  One that I heard 50 other people make on that day.  Many of which also made jokes at guys' expense on the same day.  PC is out of control.

only an immature brat can't hold back their sexist jokes for the duration of one special day to atleast keep the appearance of an inkling of respect

Carl2291 said:
The true punchline to the joke that got so many people crying on social media? Colin ends up with 4500 Patrons and $30k per month less than 24 hours after launching his project.

says alot about the state of the gaming community - now plz don't wonder why there are hardly any females on any of these sites

Ironically it was his girlfriend that encouraged him to post it in the first place. If you think Colin Moriarty is sexist, you have no idea what he stands for.

Here, let me open your eyes a bit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxAPUCRQtt4

Yes, it is an hour and a half long. Yes I do expect you to watch it. If you're going to assign labels to people, it's important you know who they are as people first, and you do that by actually listening to what they have to say.



Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Aura7541 said:

Well, it's been 54 years since the Equal Pay Act. What's taking them so long?

There wasn't a complete redistribution of wealth after that, so the people that were poorly affected by centuries of discrimination didn't suddenly gain equal status.

I said the Equal Pay Act, not the Equal Earnings Act.



epicurean said:
VGPolyglot said:

McCarthy ruined many people's lives by using red-baiting tactics.

I'm not sure I see the connection?  Are you saying what I said has no basis in fact?  Which, no, just my opinion.  

You insinuated that conservatives don't engage in those activities, which is false.



VGPolyglot said:
epicurean said:

I'm not sure I see the connection?  Are you saying what I said has no basis in fact?  Which, no, just my opinion.  

You insinuated that conservatives don't engage in those activities, which is false.

Dude... he cited Target as an example.



Aura7541 said:
VGPolyglot said:

There wasn't a complete redistribution of wealth after that, so the people that were poorly affected by centuries of discrimination didn't suddenly gain equal status.

I said the Equal Pay Act, not the Equal Earnings Act.

What difference does that make? The fact is, women are treated unfairly in the workforce.



Around the Network
Lafiel said:
Carl2291 said:
The true punchline to the joke that got so many people crying on social media? Colin ends up with 4500 Patrons and $30k per month less than 24 hours after launching his project.

says alot about the state of the gaming community - now plz don't wonder why there are hardly any females on any of these sites


"Gaming community" can't be defined by what you see on relatively small, niche gaming forums like VGChartz. Many women play videogames, many women are in videogame development and many women are talking about videogames online.



                            

VGPolyglot said:
Aura7541 said:

Well, it's been 54 years since the Equal Pay Act. What's taking them so long?

There wasn't a complete redistribution of wealth after that, so the people that were poorly affected by centuries of discrimination didn't suddenly gain equal status.

Don't we still owe 40 acres and a mule...



Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Aura7541 said:
VGPolyglot said:

You insinuated that conservatives don't engage in those activities, which is false.

Dude... he cited Target as an example.

And what group are Target supposed to be a part of? Liberal or conservative? I don't categorize corporations by that scale.



Aura7541 said:
VGPolyglot said:

You insinuated that conservatives don't engage in those activities, which is false.

Dude... he cited Target as an example.

What he said.  Conservatives are starting, though they don't seem to be nearly as organized as liberals who, in my area, seem to be trying to close a business weekly.  

I'm not choosing sides here, I just think it all ends very, very badly.  Just IMO.



Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

VGPolyglot said:
Aura7541 said:

I said the Equal Pay Act, not the Equal Earnings Act.

What difference does that make? The fact is, women are treated unfairly in the workforce.

Proof by Assertion. Considering you have frequently used this fallacy and so far, have not learned to not use it every time we have a discussion, my interest in continuing it is close to zero.