By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Colin Moriarty is back

epicurean said:
VGPolyglot said:

McCarthy ruined many people's lives by using red-baiting tactics.

I'm not sure I see the connection?  Are you saying what I said has no basis in fact?  Which, no, just my opinion.  

You insinuated that conservatives don't engage in those activities, which is false.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
epicurean said:

I'm not sure I see the connection?  Are you saying what I said has no basis in fact?  Which, no, just my opinion.  

You insinuated that conservatives don't engage in those activities, which is false.

Dude... he cited Target as an example.

Aura7541 said:
VGPolyglot said:

There wasn't a complete redistribution of wealth after that, so the people that were poorly affected by centuries of discrimination didn't suddenly gain equal status.

I said the Equal Pay Act, not the Equal Earnings Act.

What difference does that make? The fact is, women are treated unfairly in the workforce.

Lafiel said:
Carl2291 said:
The true punchline to the joke that got so many people crying on social media? Colin ends up with 4500 Patrons and $30k per month less than 24 hours after launching his project.

says alot about the state of the gaming community - now plz don't wonder why there are hardly any females on any of these sites

"Gaming community" can't be defined by what you see on relatively small, niche gaming forums like VGChartz. Many women play videogames, many women are in videogame development and many women are talking about videogames online.

VGPolyglot said:
Aura7541 said:

Well, it's been 54 years since the Equal Pay Act. What's taking them so long?

There wasn't a complete redistribution of wealth after that, so the people that were poorly affected by centuries of discrimination didn't suddenly gain equal status.

Don't we still owe 40 acres and a mule...

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Around the Network
Aura7541 said:
VGPolyglot said:

And what group are Target supposed to be a part of? Liberal or conservative? I don't categorize corporations by that scale.

Aura7541 said:
VGPolyglot said:

What he said.  Conservatives are starting, though they don't seem to be nearly as organized as liberals who, in my area, seem to be trying to close a business weekly.  

I'm not choosing sides here, I just think it all ends very, very badly.  Just IMO.

VGPolyglot said:
Aura7541 said:

I said the Equal Pay Act, not the Equal Earnings Act.

What difference does that make? The fact is, women are treated unfairly in the workforce.

Proof by Assertion. Considering you have frequently used this fallacy and so far, have not learned to not use it every time we have a discussion, my interest in continuing it is close to zero.

VGPolyglot said:
Aura7541 said:

And what group are Target supposed to be a part of? Liberal or conservative? I don't categorize corporations by that scale.

Conservatives were boycotting target after the same sex bathroom decision by them.

epicurean said:
Aura7541 said:

What he said.  Conservatives are starting, though they don't seem to be nearly as organized as liberals who, in my area, seem to be trying to close a business weekly.  

I'm not choosing sides here, I just think it all ends very, very badly.  Just IMO.

Yeah, #DumpKellogs and #DumpStarWars are two other examples of conservative boycotts.