By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Colin Moriarty is back

Aura7541 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Not if they can organize a successful strike.

They have to get all other women on board if that goal is to be met, but #ADayWithoutWomen was not supported by all women.

They don't have to get all women on board, they just have to get enough for it to do damage. It's not like every black supported the civil rights movement, either.

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
epicurean said:

No, it means he made a joke.  One that I heard 50 other people make on that day.  Many of which also made jokes at guys' expense on the same day.  PC is out of control.

only an immature brat can't hold back their sexist jokes for the duration of one special day to atleast keep the appearance of an inkling of respect

Yeah, I bet nobody has ever made a joke at the expense of a dad on father's day.  Seriously, it's a freaking joke.  

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

epicurean said:
VGPolyglot said:

Probably not going to watch an hour and a half documentary...summary?

McCarthy ruined many people's lives by using red-baiting tactics.

SegataSanshiro said:
Ok whatever. The douchebag is back..hooray I guess...

This sums it up nicely lol

Slade the Spade - Reborn

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiuZkJjGLEh0IikHnSkfSyA

https://twitter.com/kwipgaming

Covert Agent | Professional Troll | Unbiased Fanboy

VGPolyglot said:
Aura7541 said:

They have to get all other women on board if that goal is to be met, but #ADayWithoutWomen was not supported by all women.

They don't have to get all women on board, they just have to get enough for it to do damage. It's not like every black supported the civil rights movement, either.

Well, it's been 54 years since the Equal Pay Act. What's taking them so long?

Around the Network
areason said:
30,000 dollars a month for a gaming journalist to talk about politics and history? My god i am jealous.

The guy has a history degree from Northwestern. He doesn't have a journalism degree. He doesn't have any formal training in media or writing. Video games was always a hobby for him. He created extensive FAQs that got him noticed by IGN, and got him an internshiop that helped pay for college. It turned into a lucrative career that he couldn't turn down. His passion has always been history and politics.

VGPolyglot said:
epicurean said:

Probably not going to watch an hour and a half documentary...summary?

McCarthy ruined many people's lives by using red-baiting tactics.

I'm not sure I see the connection?  Are you saying what I said has no basis in fact?  Which, no, just my opinion.  

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Aura7541 said:
VGPolyglot said:

There wasn't a complete redistribution of wealth after that, so the people that were poorly affected by centuries of discrimination didn't suddenly gain equal status.

Lafiel said:
epicurean said:

No, it means he made a joke.  One that I heard 50 other people make on that day.  Many of which also made jokes at guys' expense on the same day.  PC is out of control.

only an immature brat can't hold back their sexist jokes for the duration of one special day to atleast keep the appearance of an inkling of respect

Carl2291 said:
The true punchline to the joke that got so many people crying on social media? Colin ends up with 4500 Patrons and $30k per month less than 24 hours after launching his project.

says alot about the state of the gaming community - now plz don't wonder why there are hardly any females on any of these sites

Ironically it was his girlfriend that encouraged him to post it in the first place. If you think Colin Moriarty is sexist, you have no idea what he stands for.

Here, let me open your eyes a bit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxAPUCRQtt4

Yes, it is an hour and a half long. Yes I do expect you to watch it. If you're going to assign labels to people, it's important you know who they are as people first, and you do that by actually listening to what they have to say.

VGPolyglot said:
Aura7541 said:

There wasn't a complete redistribution of wealth after that, so the people that were poorly affected by centuries of discrimination didn't suddenly gain equal status.

I said the Equal Pay Act, not the Equal Earnings Act.