By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Colin Moriarty is back

potato_hamster said:
VGPolyglot said:

"She's actually in bed next to me, and thinks my blatantly obvious joke is funny. Because not all people are humorless sacks of shit. LOL."

That makes no reference to people threatening him. All he refers to is people that did not think it's funny.

It actually does make reference to people threatening him. The "humorless sacks of shit" is a direct reference to those people. This should be obvious, unless you actually want to believe that he's calling his many friends, colleagues and family members who support him while simultaneously not liking his joke "humorless sacks of shit".

Well, maybe that's why they're not his colleagues any more...

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
potato_hamster said:

It actually does make reference to people threatening him. The "humorless sacks of shit" is a direct reference to those people. This should be obvious, unless you actually want to believe that he's calling his many friends, colleagues and family members who support him while simultaneously not liking his joke "humorless sacks of shit".

Well, maybe that's why they're not his colleagues any more...

Ohh, that must be why he still will make regular appearances on the show, and still lives with one of them. He decided to leave Kinda Funny mostly to protect his friends from the backlash he was facing.

VGPolyglot said:
Lawlight said:

1. Want another example? Fine - what about James Rolfe who was attacked because he said he wasn't interested in the new Ghostbusters movie?

2. He was labelled that well before the show was announced - you've seen his tweet. So, I ask my question again - do you think he hates women?

1. No, I don't think he's sexist because he didn't want to watch it.

2. I wouldn't say that he hates women, but he sure is apathetic of the problems that they face.

First, a joke tells you that he's apathetic to their problems? Secondly, mind telling me what problems women face in developed countries? We know wage gap in now one of them.

Lawlight said:
VGPolyglot said:

1. No, I don't think he's sexist because he didn't want to watch it.

2. I wouldn't say that he hates women, but he sure is apathetic of the problems that they face.

First, a joke tells you that he's apathetic to their problems? Secondly, mind telling me what problems women face in developed countries? We know wage gap in now one of them.

Freudian slip there? Anyways, there's also the problem of sexual harassment and the unequal divide of household chores.

VGPolyglot said:
brendude13 said:

There's a reason for that.

We know. Keep telling us how much more tolerant and better you are than us.

There are things to be tolerant of, like what food or video game someone prefers. Others, like racism, sexism and xenophobia are harmful and should not be tolerated at all. Also, you could talk about the contrary: because you can't get me to change my mind, does that mean that you're wrong too?

I completely agree with that, as does pretty much everyone else in this thread. The fact that you keep implying otherwise is why people are running out of patience with you.

Other things to be tolerant of: People's sense of humour, freedom of speech and giving them a thread of respect by not assuming how they feel about 3.5 billion people based on a joke on twitter.

Other things that shouldn't be tolerated: Blatant misrepresentation and using logical fallacies and manufactured outrage to attack people's reputations and potentially damage their livelihood.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Lawlight said:

Freudian slip there? Anyways, there's also the problem of sexual harassment and the unequal divide of household chores.

I just love how you keep bringing up the unequal divide of household chores as if that's a horrible plague that's terrorizing society. In reality the divide of chores can only ever be settled by the couple in the household. If women want that to change, it's up to them to take the problems to the boyfriends/husbands, and sort it out like rational adults.

For example, in my household, I fully admit my wife does more chores day-to-day than I do. However, I'm also the one that does all of the snow clearing, ice breaking, grass cutting, hedge trimming, tool and appliance maintenance, gutter cleaning, vehicle maintenance, home improvement etc. I more than make up for the 30-40 minutes she might spend Monday to Friday doing extra chores by sometimes dedicating 16-20 hours of my weekend working on things she'd rather not do. See, successful relationships are about compromise, and my wife and I have found a way to compromise on the household chore situation that leaves both of us satisfied. But hey, if someone were to call up my wife and survey her on the day to day chores, suddenly she sounds like a victim.

Aura7541 said:
epicurean said:

Wow.  Can someone explain how it's racist?  Or did I not see something?

It's basically a dad joke, similar along the lines of "hugh mungus".

Fuck political correctness. People can't seem to take a joke or at least read between the lines. Everyone's got a stick up their ass so high up. People get easily offended as if their self esteem is just blanketed by layers of god damn onion skins.

This world is evidently getting more fucked up thanks to the spread of internet and people taking it seriously.

VGPolyglot said:
Lawlight said:

Oh god no women do more housework, why not focus on real issues. eg Males make up 75% all of suicide numbers.

VGPolyglot said:
Lawlight said:

Sexual harassment I can give you that but not the unequal divide of household chores. That's not a problem in developed countries as women aren't forced to do house chores (plus I doubt there's much of a divide).

Coming back to sexual harassment - to be honest I don't know how much of a problem it is. Is staring actually sexual harassement? Is trash talking in MP games considered sexual harassement?

MasterVG71782 said:
naruball said:

No wonder so many young people make asses of themselves to stand out in the hope of becoming internet famous. Why study hard when I can just play video games or make a bunch of stupid videos and call it a day?

They might try to become internet famous, until they realize that it takes a lot more effort to try and get that status, essentially demoralizing them. I am around the Twitch scene a lot and know, from people on there, how many hours they put into their streams to try and create content and support themselves. They're working upwards of 15-16 hours a day, 8-10 of those talking to their chats and being entertaining. Next you'll be saying that why work a job like a lawyer/doctor when they can just memorize lines and perform in a movie?

Not nearly the same. Really. And it doesn't always require hard work to become internet famous. Some times it's mostly luck. Others you play a game showing your boobs and thirsty guys watch you show your non existent gaming skills. Or you just shout in the mic, but are attractive enough for teenage girls to fall in love with you.

I feel the same way about youtubers as I feel about singers and actors. Simple people (especially young people) pay attention to the super successful ones and want to have a career like them. In reality, a tiny percentage of actors/singers make big bucks. Most of them struggle to the point that they need other jobs to support themselves.

So, yes, I think trying to do a youtube chanel instead of studying to earn a degree or something is a very bad idea. There are too many people doing them and it's incredibly hard to stand out. If you're lucky, you may. But how many will be?