By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GameStop: Switch has one of the highest attach rates of software and accessories that we’ve seen in a long time.

Pyro as Bill said:
zorg1000 said:

Just to be clear, im not saying any of them are milking their franchises, im just pointing out a double standard you are using.

If Sony has milked Uncharted from 2007-2016 by releasing 5 mainline titles (1-4 & Golden Abyss), a compilation title, a card game spinoff and an expansion than i suppose Nintendo milked Metroid from 2002-2010.

Metroid Prime, Metroid Fusion, Prime 2, Zero Mission, Prime Pinball, Hunters, Prime 3, Prime Trilogy, Other M

Also Sony is pretty notorious for giving their franchises long breaks.

So from 2007-16 Uncharted had 4 home console titles compared with 2 Mario Karts, 1 Zelda, 2 SMBros and 2 Smash.

Gran Turismo used to release every 2 years, I suspect it's only devtime that's holding back more regular releases. Crash Bandicoot used to be an annual release. Tekken was every other year. Killzone 2,3,4 are all separated by 2 years.

Mainline Metroids may have released every 2 years too but one took the game in a new/bad direction and it's hard to say Metroid is milked when it hasn't had a game for 7 years.

Whatever the milking metric is, Nintendo scores lower.

Sony makes new franchises with devs like Naughty Dog and Insomniac and Guerilla when they could milk the old ones.  That's what keeps it fresh to me.  Crash to Jak to Uncharted to TLoU, Spyro to Ratchet to Resistance, Killzone to Horizon, and then Gran Turismo is not milked anymore.

I am Iron Man

Around the Network
StarDoor said:

"That said, the Nintendo Switch has its challenges when it comes to reaching that goal. A recent study found that while half the population of the UK knows what the Nintendo Switch is, only 32 percent of those who heard of it intended to buy one. If that’s the case worldwide, the Nintendo Switch may face a long, uphill battle in its attempt to overtake the Wii."

Wait... what?!

The population of the UK is 64.1 million.

64.1 * 0.5 * 0.32 = 10.26 million

The Wii only sold 8.65 million in the UK! With those projected numbers, how is this an uphill battle?

Remember that not everyone will have one for themselves or by themselves, a family of 4 could have 1 switch for them all.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
We'll see. 3DS did great at launch then a lull then recovered greatly but won't reach PS3. The June-August months will be interesting if it's beating PS4 or if it dips below X1

It recovered thanks to the year-1 price drop and the multiple revisions though. I don't think the Switch will get a price drop any time soon, nor do I think it'll have many revisions.

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
Pyro as Bill said:

So from 2007-16 Uncharted had 4 home console titles compared with 2 Mario Karts, 1 Zelda, 2 SMBros and 2 Smash.

Gran Turismo used to release every 2 years, I suspect it's only devtime that's holding back more regular releases. Crash Bandicoot used to be an annual release. Tekken was every other year. Killzone 2,3,4 are all separated by 2 years.

Mainline Metroids may have released every 2 years too but one took the game in a new/bad direction and it's hard to say Metroid is milked when it hasn't had a game for 7 years.

Whatever the milking metric is, Nintendo scores lower.

Sony makes new franchises with devs like Naughty Dog and Insomniac and Guerilla when they could milk the old ones.  That's what keeps it fresh to me.  Crash to Jak to Uncharted to TLoU, Spyro to Ratchet to Resistance, Killzone to Horizon, and then Gran Turismo is not milked anymore.

Let's not forget that they take risks with games like The Order: 1886, Until Dawn or the Quantic Dream games.

Lawlight said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
We'll see. 3DS did great at launch then a lull then recovered greatly but won't reach PS3. The June-August months will be interesting if it's beating PS4 or if it dips below X1

It recovered thanks to the year-1 price drop and the multiple revisions though. I don't think the Switch will get a price drop any time soon, nor do I think it'll have many revisions.

What makes you think Switch won't get price cuts or revisions?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Lawlight said:

Didn't say it won't get price cuts - it won't get one as soon as the 3DS. And didn't say it won't get revisions - it won't get as many. The reason for that is because it is also a console which usually only get 1 revision, 2 at the most per generation. Compare that to the 4 or 5 that the 3DS got.

Lawlight said:
zorg1000 said:

Didn't say it won't get price cuts - it won't get one as soon as the 3DS. And didn't say it won't get revisions - it won't get as many. The reason for that is because it is also a console which usually only get 1 revision, 2 at the most per generation. Compare that to the 4 or 5 that the 3DS got.

Gotcha.

While it may not get a price cut as early as 3DS did, I think it will have more regular price drops. 3DS really only had that one big price drop in 2011 and the introduction of the entry level 2DS. The 3DS/XL never got any further official price cuts, they just got replaced by the "New" revisions.

As for revisions, I could see it getting a few. A portable only Switch Lite, roughly the size of PSP/Vita. A console only Switch TV, similar to PS TV. Perhaps a Switch XL with a 1080p screen, equel to console mode performance and ideal for tabletop mode. Basically a revision dedicated to each of the 3 form factors that the current Switch has.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

deathofaninja said:
It's funny to see all these stories boasting how strong the Switch is without actually saying how it's strong....

Overpriced accessories, Zelda which is on the Wii, and NO games but Splatoon... and there probably will not be anymore worth mentioning between that time. Oh, and Mario will be delayed.

Uhh, I think they're refering to the sales.. 

All three companies sell overpriced accessories.. 

How do you know it'll be delayed? Even if it is, there's already - Mario Kart Deluxe, Arms, Puyo Puyo Tetris, Skyrim, Xenoblade 2, Rayman Legends Definitive Edition, Yooka-Laylee, Sonic, Redout, Octopath Traveller, Has Been Heroes, Stardew Valley, Steamworld Dig 2, Has Been Heroes, Toe Jam and Earl Back in the Groove, and this is just for the year, pre-E3. They may mean nothing to you but that doesn't mean they don't count.. All I know is I'm certainly interested in buying them, and I'll be buying them on Switch. 

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

DarthMetalliCube said:
deathofaninja said:
It's funny to see all these stories boasting how strong the Switch is without actually saying how it's strong....

Overpriced accessories, Zelda which is on the Wii, and NO games but Splatoon... and there probably will not be anymore worth mentioning between that time. Oh, and Mario will be delayed.

How do you know it'll be delayed?

also when has a 3D Mario game ever been delayed?

That sounds great

Pocky Lover Boy!