By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GameStop: Switch has one of the highest attach rates of software and accessories that we’ve seen in a long time.

carlove said:
I think so too that MK8D, Arms, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2 and Mario Oddysey will make at least 2017 great. And then next year we'll be getting FE: Switch and (from rumors and job openings) Pokemon Switch in 2018. And I'm actually hoping Xenoblade 2 gets pushed back into 2018 so that at least 3 great titles will come out in 2018.

From rumors?  Nintendo announced that a full-fledged Fire Emblem game was coming to the Switch in 2018 during the Fire Emblem Direct in January.

Around the Network

GS sure is desperate for a new console that can slow down the transition to the inevitable all digital future.

h2ohno said:
carlove said:
I think so too that MK8D, Arms, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2 and Mario Oddysey will make at least 2017 great. And then next year we'll be getting FE: Switch and (from rumors and job openings) Pokemon Switch in 2018. And I'm actually hoping Xenoblade 2 gets pushed back into 2018 so that at least 3 great titles will come out in 2018.

From rumors?  Nintendo announced that a full-fledged Fire Emblem game was coming to the Switch in 2018 during the Fire Emblem Direct in January.

hes referring to Pokemon

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
h2ohno said:

hes referring to Pokemon

Ah.  ok.

zorg1000 said:
DarthMetalliCube said:

Weak argument. Mario games are all entirely different genres with entirely different gameplay. Ie - Mario RPG is absolutely nothing like Mario Tennis for instance. Using the same character doesn't = millking a franchise. Uncharted is a specific franchise using specific type of gameplay of a specific genre. 

Did you not read the post he replied to?

He said Uncharted: The Board Game & Fight for Fortune count as typical Uncharted games.......

Board game and card game spinoffs are the definition of milking a series. Isn't there an Uncharted movie in the works too?

Accusing Nintendo of milking when they've had 10 consoles to develop for over the span of 30 years whilst the top selling games on the other systems are CoD and FIFA is a bit of a joke.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network
Pyro as Bill said:
zorg1000 said:

Did you not read the post he replied to?

He said Uncharted: The Board Game & Fight for Fortune count as typical Uncharted games.......

Board game and card game spinoffs are the definition of milking a series. Isn't there an Uncharted movie in the works too?

Accusing Nintendo of milking when they've had 10 consoles to develop for over the span of 30 years whilst the top selling games on the other systems are CoD and FIFA is a bit of a joke.

Well by that logic, Nintendo is milking the hell out of Mario since it has plush dolls, food products, board games, toothbrushes, party supplies, etc.

Yes, there is an Uncharted movie in the works just like Mario had a movie and a couple TV shows.

Try to be a little less biased.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Cobretti2 said:
how can it have a high attach rate? Surely the hardcore gamer when they bought a ps4 or an xbox bought more than 3 games when those launched with several more.

There is like 3 games out (well here in stores anyway)

zelda
just dance
1-2 switch

I bought zero games for the PS4 when I got the console at launch. I simply couldn't afford one. So I played Resogun for nearly two weeks. xD

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

It's funny to see all these stories boasting how strong the Switch is without actually saying how it's strong....

Overpriced accessories, Zelda which is on the Wii, and NO games but Splatoon... and there probably will not be anymore worth mentioning between that time. Oh, and Mario will be delayed.

zorg1000 said:
Pyro as Bill said:

Well by that logic, Nintendo is milking the hell out of Mario since it has plush dolls, food products, board games, toothbrushes, party supplies, etc.

Yes, there is an Uncharted movie in the works just like Mario had a movie and a couple TV shows.

Mario was milked to high heaven but it's Mario and that's kind of how the toy/game industry worked back then.

Forza's made 4 appearances (Horizon/Motorsport) on XB1 already after the 4 on X360. Imagine Nintendo doing that to Mario Kart. Nintendo rarely goes over 2 installments/system and isn't afraid to completely drop a successful IP for a generation or 3.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Pyro as Bill said:
zorg1000 said:

Mario was milked to high heaven but it's Mario and that's kind of how the toy/game industry worked back then.

Forza's made 4 appearances (Horizon/Motorsport) on XB1 already after the 4 on X360. Imagine Nintendo doing that to Mario Kart. Nintendo rarely goes over 2 installments/system and isn't afraid to completely drop a successful IP for a generation or 3.

I'm sorry...it almost looks like you consider this to be a good thing?