By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GameStop: Switch has one of the highest attach rates of software and accessories that we’ve seen in a long time.

Pyro as Bill said:
Safiir said:

Care to name those 8 uncharted game?

Uncharted 1-4

Golden Abyss

Fight for Fortune

Nathan Drake collection

Fortune Hunter

Uncharted: The Board Game

My mistake, there's acually 9 with a standalone expansion pack on the way (The Lost Legacy).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncharted

Ah I see, my bad. Well then since you're using this metric I guess this puts it at about one bajillion Mario games (we're only counting games that have the Mario name in them regardless of actual gameplay AND counting compilations, right?) since 1985 compared to 9 Uncharted games since 2007. Milking indeed.

Around the Network
carlove said:
I think so too that MK8D, Arms, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2 and Mario Oddysey will make at least 2017 great. And then next year we'll be getting FE: Switch and (from rumors and job openings) Pokemon Switch in 2018. And I'm actually hoping Xenoblade 2 gets pushed back into 2018 so that at least 3 great titles will come out in 2018.

We will defiantly have more games in 2018. Retros game is most likly 2018. game.

Highest attach rate of software + accessories, with a $300 handheld.... day 1 hardcore gamers are so representative of how this console will do in the market, not.

My 8th gen collection

Attach rates are typically higher than normal for a newly launched device. Give it another 6 months and see how things are.

Great news for Nintendo at the moment though, they needed the success to stay relevant.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Attach rates are typically higher than normal for a newly launched device. Give it another 6 months and see how things are.

Great news for Nintendo at the moment though, they needed the success to stay relevant.

accessories typically do well for Nintendo, right?

Wii remotes, styluses, cases, screen protectors, chargers, remote docks, sensor bar extender, screen cleaners, Switch dock, Joy-cons, pro controllers...with so many things, I am pretty sure Nintendo won't need to worry much.

If they are very concerned, they can do bundles to help promote accessories. Something like MK8 Deluxe+Pair of Joy-cons for $100, which is $40 savings. 

Around the Network
Safiir said:
Pyro as Bill said:

Uncharted 1-4

Golden Abyss

Fight for Fortune

Nathan Drake collection

Fortune Hunter

Uncharted: The Board Game

My mistake, there's acually 9 with a standalone expansion pack on the way (The Lost Legacy).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncharted

Ah I see, my bad. Well then since you're using this metric I guess this puts it at about one bajillion Mario games (we're only counting games that have the Mario name in them regardless of actual gameplay AND counting compilations, right?) since 1985 compared to 9 Uncharted games since 2007. Milking indeed.

Weak argument. Mario games are all entirely different genres with entirely different gameplay. Ie - Mario RPG is absolutely nothing like Mario Tennis for instance. Using the same character doesn't = millking a franchise. Uncharted is a specific franchise using specific type of gameplay of a specific genre. 

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Leadified said:
StarDoor said:

"That said, the Nintendo Switch has its challenges when it comes to reaching that goal. A recent study found that while half the population of the UK knows what the Nintendo Switch is, only 32 percent of those who heard of it intended to buy one. If that’s the case worldwide, the Nintendo Switch may face a long, uphill battle in its attempt to overtake the Wii."

Wait... what?!

The population of the UK is 64.1 million.

64.1 * 0.5 * 0.32 = 10.26 million

The Wii only sold 8.65 million in the UK! With those projected numbers, how is this an uphill battle?

Additionally, if you use the same figure for worldwide (I used Japan, USA, Canada, France, Germany, UK and Italy) then you're looking at close to 120 million sales. In reality, rates of interest will be different for each country but this article does not make a good argument for the Switch facing an uphill battle against the Wii.

Wasn't there also a report that Nintendo upped launch+first month shipment to 2,5m? If that's true it should comfortably reach 2m and not struggle to get there because of supply constraints as the article says. Even if that report isn't true, if sales are sluggish due to supply constraints that means every single unit Nintendo ships is selling out. It should reach 2m or very close to it either way. I feel like the person who wrote this had a somewhat weak grasp on how sales work.

StarDoor said:

"That said, the Nintendo Switch has its challenges when it comes to reaching that goal. A recent study found that while half the population of the UK knows what the Nintendo Switch is, only 32 percent of those who heard of it intended to buy one. If that’s the case worldwide, the Nintendo Switch may face a long, uphill battle in its attempt to overtake the Wii."

Wait... what?!

The population of the UK is 64.1 million.

64.1 * 0.5 * 0.32 = 10.26 million

The Wii only sold 8.65 million in the UK! With those projected numbers, how is this an uphill battle?

I came here to say that. Articles always have to slip in that bit of Nintendoooom.

DarthMetalliCube said:
Safiir said:

Weak argument. Mario games are all entirely different genres with entirely different gameplay. Ie - Mario RPG is absolutely nothing like Mario Tennis for instance. Using the same character doesn't = millking a franchise. Uncharted is a specific franchise using specific type of gameplay of a specific genre. 

Did you not read the post he replied to?

He said Uncharted: The Board Game & Fight for Fortune count as typical Uncharted games.......

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

More vague phrasing from Gamestop, can't they see how little concrete value that has for people who want actual information?