By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - After almost 3,5 years best games are remasters?

BraLoD said:
Pretty much like the new Zelda, but they just held it to release together with the new system, instead of dropping it on the Wii U a bit before.

Anyway, TLOU still wasn't topped by any game, IMO, so it's not that strange.
GTAV is also the biggest commercial success ever, so it's understadable xP
Zelda also seems like the best thing the Switch will have for a long time, maybe the whole gen, so yeah...

Well considering it will probably be the best rated game on all systems for the next 5-10+ years for all we know, that hardly a fair critcism.

But Mario Odyssey is looking to bring back many of the wants that people have been begging for in a new Mario game for along time, so I could see that being a very highly rated/loved game. And that comes out this year.

Splatoon 2 is a hugely anticipated/loved game that comes out this year.

And then we get back to topic of remasters and Mario Kart 8 deluxe is coming out this year too.

Around the Network

I don't think metacritic is a particularly good point of reference for cross-generation comparisons, since expectations, standards, and the resulting score curves often change. I do think there have been less genuinely amazing games this generation than in the first 3.5 years of the 7th, but i wouldn't personally use metacritic as a source for that.

I've played GTA V. In my book that game is more of a 7/10.

That being said, to me Nier has been a 9.5/10 so far.
Bloodborne was a 10/10.
Destiny collection is a 9.5/10.

I've not played Yakuza Zero, horizon or Nioh but I'm sure they will score higher than GTA 5 for me .

BraLoD said:
guiduc said:

Mario Odyssey!

Too much 64-ish for me, don't think it has any kind of possibility I would enjoy it more than Zelda.

Doesn't mean you should dismiss it. :P It's a 3D Mario that fans have clamored for and, along with Zelda, hasn't lost significant quality. Plus there's Xenoblade 2, Fire Emblem Warriors and the next main installment next year, Splatoon 2, a potential new installment of the Pokemon series, and who knows what will be shown at E3 and beyond.

..but I think I'm a little off topic since this is a Sony discussion.

Yeah. And Soul Calibur with 98 is still undefeated. After almost twenty years. A game (first) released on a console considered to be a huge failure. Two decades.

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Kai_Mao said:

Doesn't mean you should dismiss it. :P It's a 3D Mario that fans have clamored for and, along with Zelda, hasn't lost significant quality. Plus there's Xenoblade 2, Fire Emblem Warriors and the next main installment next year, Splatoon 2, a potential new installment of the Pokemon series, and who knows what will be shown at E3 and beyond.

..but I think I'm a little off topic since this is a Sony discussion.

Well, I was answering about my POVs on them, but I don't think Mario can get a 97 as well, it did with the Galaxies, tho, but I don't think it'll happe with Odyssey.

It could, though. I never thought BotW would get near 97 and Mario Odyssey looks like a more complete game than 3D World. And to be frank, the team behind the 3D Marios are far more competent than the Zelda team on many points. Even graphically Odyssey looks way more polished.

Grand Theft Auto 5 and The Last of Us are both what you could probably call "once in a generation" events, games from certain dev teams that truly defined the gaming landscape at that moment and made it their own, so it's really no surprise that the ports on Gen 8 systems have gone on to be just as well received. Think of them as the Ocarina of Time, Metal Gear Solid 2, World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy VII, Halo 3, Skyrim (the list goes on) of that specific part of the generation. Games that stood above everything else being released at that time while having an impact on the gaming landscape.

Since 2013 and GTA5 or The Last of Us being released, I imagine that the only games that could really sit at the table with those mentioned before are Overwatch and Breath of the Wild.

Hell, a large percentage of my library is from last generation.

tivec said:

According to metacritic score at least.
GTA V has 97
The Last of Us Remastered 95.

I know that they are both extremely good games, but it is almost 3,5 years since PS4 release and not single could win with them.
So can any other game than GTA VI (or Red Dead Redemption 2 since it is also R* game) or The Last of Us 2 beat them?

Well the highest rated game last gen was a remaster of the PS2 gen (Half Life 2 Orange Box) until like Uncharted 2 so whats ur point bruhh?

Is this a veiled attempt at "lulz this gen has no good gaemz"?

If we are going by Metacritic score then yeah sure, but personally ive already gotten games that ive enjoyed more than TLOU or GTA this gen, and thats not even counting all the games that have already released and are coming out this year.