By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Careful with those clingy joy-con straps

potato_hamster said:
spemanig said:
It honestly blows my mind that anyone could possibly ever put the straps on the wrong way by mistake. Even without looking at the clear markings on the straps, the placement of the strings should make it clear enough. Why would that go at the top, ever?

Children. Children play video games. Children also do all kinds of weird shit just to try it out. Nintendo messed up here. They thought of children trying to eat a cartridge but never thought thye might try to put a wrist strap on wrong it seems.

Nintendo should release a 2DS version of the Switch

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
Platina said:
potato_hamster said:

Children. Children play video games. Children also do all kinds of weird shit just to try it out. Nintendo messed up here. They thought of children trying to eat a cartridge but never thought thye might try to put a wrist strap on wrong it seems.

Nintendo should release a 2DS version of the Switch

They'll could release two more versions: A home version that isn't portable, and a portable version that doesn't have removable joy cons and is more durable. Both of which would lower manufacturing costs.

I got a strap stuck on one of my joycons, I had to use considerable force to remove it. Thankfully no damage occurred and I wont attach them again.

Those things are a chore to remove. The only complaint I've had regarding my Switch experience.

The straps are still in the box, never tried them. But I guess I'll need them at some point as the little buttons on the inside are pretty tiny without the straps.

Btw connectivity issues aside, motion control is kinda iffy too. The gyroscopic drift can be quite bad at times. With the maze puzzle I had to continuously reset the orientation or hold the controller backwards after half a minute.

Around the Network
maxleresistant said:
I think I need to stop criticizing the Switch. I mean, now it's starting to feel like picking on the handicapped kid

omg this is so wrong.... and uhm funny :P

Those suckers do cling on pretty tight. Luckily I don't really care about them much. Thought I might want to use them just for the little extra grip for my larger hands when playing separate joycons, but it's really not nearly as bad as I thought without anyway, so they'll probably stay unused.

One of my very few issues with the Switch. If that's the worst I gotta deal with, I'm ok with that..

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

vivster said:
And I thought it was just me who had problem with the straps.
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Yeah, I've had no problems with screen-scratching or connectivity, but those straps do lock on pretty damn tight. You need the jaws of life to remove them at first. I've been reluctant to use them.
Cloudman said:
Huh, I'll need to be careful with the straps then. I still haven't even used the things, so I don't about this current issue.
zippy said:
I got a strap stuck on one of my joycons, I had to use considerable force to remove it. Thankfully no damage occurred and I wont attach them again.
SvennoJ said:
The straps are still in the box, never tried them. But I guess I'll need them at some point as the little buttons on the inside are pretty tiny without the straps.
DarthMetalliCube said:

Those suckers do cling on pretty tight. Luckily I don't really care about them much. Thought I might want to use them just for the little extra grip for my larger hands when playing separate joycons, but it's really not nearly as bad as I thought without anyway, so they'll probably stay unused.

One of my very few issues with the Switch. If that's the worst I gotta deal with, I'm ok with that..

Look here: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=226915

gtaguidelng said:
TomaTito said:

The design of the straps is weird, even if you do it correctly they don't come off easily. It can be inserted in the wrong way and mess up your joy-cons. Definetly not designed for children use since even adults mess up, and clearly not idiot proof.

No such thing as idiot proof, Idiots find ways to mess up.

Amen to that.

zippy said:

Lucky you, you could have messed it up like the guy in the OP.

SvennoJ said:

Btw connectivity issues aside, motion control is kinda iffy too. The gyroscopic drift can be quite bad at times. With the maze puzzle I had to continuously reset the orientation or hold the controller backwards after half a minute.

Tried it the first day, don't want to deal with them. Guess they could be useful in Arms but strapless work great with Snipperclips.

The controllers and console don't seem to have a digital compass to mitigate the drift. But I have noticed that the Pro controllers gyros have more finesse than the joycons one. Not sure if it's due to the size or something else.

DarthMetalliCube said:

I'm on the same boat. Joycons works perfectly without the straps.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"