By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Unconfirmed: Nintendo Raises Switch Forecast To 16 Mill From 8 Mill For Next Fiscal Year

Soundwave said:

I think the release schedule to hit this would have to be something along the lines of

May - ARMS
June - Nada
July - Splatoon 2
August - Super Smash Bros. Deluxe
September - Nada
October - Retro Game?
November - Super Mario Odyessy + price cut to $249.99
December - Pokemon Stars
January - Nada
February - Xenoblade 2
(early) March - Animal Crossing + New Switch Model

With Monster Hunter Switch and Dragon Quest XI also factoring in there somewhere.

you forget fire emblem warriors in september

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

NIntendo currently sells everything they shipped and they see huge demand for Switch regardles, note that we are outside holiday season,

I can see it. It's really high, but the Switch is already the fastest selling Nintendo console in the 2 biggest gaming markets, it'll get 3 of Nintendo's biggest sellers this year (Mario Kart, Splatoon, 3D Mario), and there are probably still some unnanounced games. Add holiday sales at $250 (I doubt they will cut its price so quickly, unless it's another 3DS case), possibly with bundles? I could see it.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Faelco said:
Soundwave said:

I think the release schedule to hit this would have to be something along the lines of

May - ARMS
June - Nada
July - Splatoon 2
August - Super Smash Bros. Deluxe
September - Nada
October - Retro Game?
November - Super Mario Odyessy + price cut to $249.99
December - Pokemon Stars
January - Nada
February - Xenoblade 2
(early) March - Animal Crossing + New Switch Model

With Monster Hunter Switch and Dragon Quest XI also factoring in there somewhere.

I don't think it's really related to games. Even Pokemon doesn't double sales, and even if it did that would mean they just learned about a new Pokemon releasing in the next few weeks (you can't double the year sales with a end of the year release). It doesn't seem realistic at all.  

I think it's more related to "Our launch is close or even  better than the PS4 launch in several countries so we can achieve PS4 level sales numbers". And that thinking is wrong (or at least it's way too soon for that), because a great launch was easily expected, but the rest of the year will be more complicated. 

Idont think thats so simple and Nintendo thinking just "we having better PS4 launch", they probably also seeing huge demand for Switch on market and that demand will be bigger with MK8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, Mario Odyssey, possible new Pokemon...

OP could make thread title just:

WSJ: Nintendo Raises Switch Forecast To 16 Mill From 8 Mill For Next Fiscal Year

Because every info or news is unconfirmed until Nintendo or Sony or MS dont confirmed it, but you rarely see in "unconfirmed" in title.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
NIntendo currently sells everything they shipped and they see huge demand for Switch regardles, note that we are outside holiday season,

This is not exactly correct. At the very least the initial shipment to Australia, Mexico and Italy still haven't been sold out. UK and France also have stock.

If legit, Nintendo really need to be told the old adage of don't count your chickens before they're hatched.

Basing production projections off of launch numbers isn't the wisest of moves.

Miyamotoo said:
Faelco said:

I don't think it's really related to games. Even Pokemon doesn't double sales, and even if it did that would mean they just learned about a new Pokemon releasing in the next few weeks (you can't double the year sales with a end of the year release). It doesn't seem realistic at all.  

I think it's more related to "Our launch is close or even  better than the PS4 launch in several countries so we can achieve PS4 level sales numbers". And that thinking is wrong (or at least it's way too soon for that), because a great launch was easily expected, but the rest of the year will be more complicated. 

Idont think thats so simple and Nintendo thinking just "we having better PS4 launch", they probably also seeing huge demand for Switch on market and that demand will be bigger with MK8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, Mario Odyssey, possible new Pokemon...

Same thing, they see great sales/demand so they think that it will be like this all year and supposedly adjust their forecast accordingly.

And outside of the usual Christmas period, I don't think we'll have another month like March (we already had a lot of discussions about it here so I won't talk about the reasons again).  

And I seem to be the only one, but I'm really not sure we'll see a Pokemon game soon. They talked about 2018 and other "TBA" games during the Switch reveal, but they would intentionally leave Pokemon out of the reveal? And they would launch it the same Christmas as Mario? What about next Christmas? They're trying to put some time between each of their game because they have a limited number of big games releasing on the console (because of the lack of third party games so far), but they would release their 2 biggest games in the same period, it would seem weird. 

So first they make way too few and counteract by making way too many??
Is their marketing and production department comprised of a bunch of monkeys holding parley in some hot springs?

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

I do wonder how Switch's legs will be....

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1