By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Annoying things gamers say

sethnintendo said:
Vor said:
The OP might wanna change the title from "gamer" to "fanboy". Only fanboys complain about the console/company/etc. Most of my gamer friends never give a **** about that.

Ofc I might be just in the minority.

I care about the former companies that were gobbled up for their IPs by a monopolistic company and their studios were dismantled or shut down.  My hate for EA will continue till the day I die.

Just mention EA and all the console wars will turn into a one-sided roast against EA

Around the Network

shitty graphics = shitty game
Your not a real gamer
(Publisher) makes good games (instead of using the studio name)
Cinematic story games are shit
"I rely on Metacritic" or "Metacritic is a useless and shit"
SJW bla bla bla. Donald trump Bla bla bla

"Nintendo should go third party."

"I don't like this aspect, so it's bad game design."

Really the most Annoying is "i'm a girl gamer".

My favorite: "It's a walking simulator!"

Issue: This stupid line is commonly used to write off graphic adventures as a genre. Journey. Gone Home. Oxenfree. Proteus. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. Night in the Woods. I've even seem some people be generous enough to describe The Last Guardian this way. I've never been brought to tears just by walking. I have by moving stories and powerful atmosphere though, which is what graphic adventures are all about!

The people who level these allegations seem to imply that only combat is a useful and 'fun' type of game mechanic. Lots of FPS fanatics (Call of Duty fans, etc.) and so forth among them. To those sorts of people: If you agree not to call my favorite games walking sims, I won't call yours murder sims. Deal?

Around the Network

Pretty much anyone who uses the phrases "fanboy", "hater", "sheep/sheeple", etc.

To those I say, guess what? Other people have opinions too, and are no more or less biased than you are. Quit making up excuses why other people feel differently than you and accept it. Stop the arrogance.

- Xbone
- M$
- TV
- Nintendo is for babies
- No Games
- Fap

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Complains someone owns a 3k omega watch and is not practical... has a 3k gaming laptop....

pbroy said:
- Xbone
- M$
- TV
- Nintendo is for babies
- No Games
- Fap

Wow dude

Wow

Just

Wow

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

"Those games don't count" generally referring to indies, niche, or Japanese titles when discussing a systems library.