By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [SPOILER ALERT] [KOTAKU] Someone Has Found All Korok Seeds In Zelda

walsufnir said:
vivster said:

That shouldn't be a problem anymore. Now it is known what the reward is. Anyone who is attempting it will have to inform himself how many seeds there are and will then know what the reward is. You don't do 50h+ quests without knowing what the reward will be unless you're the first to do it..

And rightfully so as the collecting stuff things in games usually has close to no effect on the game at all. This is just an extreme case to highlight especially that.

Mario made a living out of collecting stars , it could well be simply nintendo padding out the game ,so when you seen god knows how many of the same creatures all over the place (diversity is not it's strong point ) ,the koraks give you incentive to keep exploring  , so it might not be them making a statement at all.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
vivster said:

That shouldn't be a problem anymore. Now it is known what the reward is. Anyone who is attempting it will have to inform himself how many seeds there are and will then know what the reward is. You don't do 50h+ quests without knowing what the reward will be unless you're the first to do it..

And rightfully so as the collecting stuff things in games usually has close to no effect on the game at all. This is just an extreme case to highlight especially that.

Well usually you get a trophy for those which adds to your overall collection while an ingame item indeed adds nothing to anything.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
walsufnir said:

Well usually you get a trophy for those which adds to your overall collection while an ingame item indeed adds nothing to anything.

But what is a trophy with a text doing for you? Is it really something that you think is "good" for you? It doesn't add anything than a trophy for your profile. If something like that is important to you, so be it. I know some see value in this while I do definitely not.

I'll have to use the guide to find all those 900 seeds. I'll take my time, to do it though, I'm doing it mainly because I want a bigger inventory. I wish there was a lot less seeds to get...

Nintendo went crazy this time.

walsufnir said:
vivster said:

But what is a trophy with a text doing for you? Is it really something that you think is "good" for you? It doesn't add anything than a trophy for your profile. If something like that is important to you, so be it. I know some see value in this while I do definitely not.

It's not about the trophy itself but the points attached to it whcih factor into your overall level across all games, so every trophy does something. Also a platinum trophy is a great acknowledgement that you basicallly did everything the game has to offer and can now move on to the next one.

I'm by no means a trophy whore but they're nice and they give me motivation to get more content out of a game.

I would play Zelda or any other Nintendo game a lot more if there was a trophy system. It's also a thing that would make me choose to play the console version over an emulator.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

I never did find that one last golden skulltula in oot. :S

That's actually both really funny and a nice "fuck you" to the ridiculous time padding developers use by doling out achievements and trophies for collecting useless items.

Good job, Nintendo, thumbs up!

Toilet humor... and them calling people a peice of sh*t for doing something extra-ordinary in their game? thanks sounds good.

I absolutely love that "reward" idea - people still get the satisfaction from 100%ing the game, but people who don't want to spend hundreds of hours scouting out every single one don't feel they're missing out on a major gameplay element.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

vivster said:

Well I have already given up on them anyway. I'm gonna collect if i stumble over them but I'm not going out of my way to collect them anymore.

How many Korok seeds do you need to max out weapon slots?

To max everything in your inventory you need 444 korok seeds.

There is no way I'm getting all of them ahaha. I'll be happy with a few extra slots though.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"