By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Switch has sold 1.5m units (Superdata)

kimishima said theyd produce more than promised 2 million if demand was there.
how many more we can expect?

Around the Network
TorterraBoy said:
twintail said:
2 million for the month is realistic.
Sales seem slightly ahead of the wiiu.

WiiU sold 800,000 at launch during HOLIDAY SEASON, i'd say Switch is very far ahead of the wiiu since Switch launched in March

How did you get that 800,000 number? Also, any reason why we're not comparing this to 3DS numbers?

Wyrdness said:
If the 90% attach rate keeps up with Zelda and Switch maintains momentum BOTW could eventually outsell TP.

The attach rate will not keep up at 90%.  Right now it's the only big game for Switch.  So, you have people buying it because it's Zelda, others because they're Nintendo fans and it's the cool new thing, and still others because they're early adopters, and again, it's the only game for their new system.

As time goes by, there will be other games for the non-Zelda fans.  Plus, even many Zelda fans that buy Switch later will have already played the game on Wii U (I'm among them.).  So, once the next big game comes along, look for that attach rate to slide.  By the end of the year, once there are several big games, Zelda will be close to finished.

Lawlight said:
TorterraBoy said:

WiiU sold 800,000 at launch during HOLIDAY SEASON, i'd say Switch is very far ahead of the wiiu since Switch launched in March

How did you get that 800,000 number? Also, any reason why we're not comparing this to 3DS numbers?

I wonder why the media is not comparing it to the 3DS and saying things like "best launch sales for a Nintendo console in ________ (this country)" or like the spain one "best launch sales for any consoles" 

Probably cause they don't see this as a handheld. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Lawlight said:
Can someone explain to me how the Switch has been in the Top 20 on Amazon for the past few days when it's sold out?

Ummmm....... Shouldn't you be asking that in the Amazon thread..... lols xD 

Here I'll give you the link

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=226424&page=1

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Not surprising that Zelda's attach rate is so high (talent always wins), who'd want to have 1,2-Switch as your only Switch game :P. Great start for the Switch, I guess initial sales mostly depend on how many units they ship, so if they had shipped more units it would most probably have sold even more.

WagnerPaiva said:
Roderic_Blackwood said:
20,000 units were sold in Mexico so it was a great start for the Switch here!

Mexico is kicking bRAZIL´s ass. We don´t even have it officially, only in the black market.

I think retailers could just import it?I mean, it would ramp up the price, but it would be legal too.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
WagnerPaiva said:

Mexico is kicking bRAZIL´s ass. We don´t even have it officially, only in the black market.

I think retailers could just import it?I mean, it would ramp up the price, but it would be legal too.

Yep. 1100 dollars on legal retailers. and 100 dollars for Zelda.

Ridiculous.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

WagnerPaiva said:
Nautilus said:

Yep. 1100 dollars on legal retailers. and 100 dollars for Zelda.

Ridiculous.

Holy s***.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Lawlight said:
TorterraBoy said:

Hard to do direct comparisons since one is a worldwide launch and the other is staggered but according to this site, here are the first week sales by region

USA

3DS-350k

Wii U-422k

Europe

3DS-330k

Wii U-169k

Japan

3DS-374k

Wii U-306k

Once you add in the other smaller regions you have around 1.1 million for 3DS & a little over 900k for Wii U.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.