By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Jim Sterling’s site under attack after Zelda: BotW review

think-man said:
fleischr said:
Here's Jimquisition for you...
Hyrule Warriors Legends on 3DS - 95
Twilight Princess HD -88
Triforce Heroes: 80
Breath of the Wild - 70

"7/10 is a good score". I see that. I see the other scores Breath of the Wild and other Zelda games and I just say...

C'mon man.

Zelda warriors being on top makes sense. Jim is a HUGE musou fan :) like me :P

Hyrule Warriors on the 3ds was GARBAGE. It was basically unplayable on the original one as well.

Also, if he seriously thinks triforce heroes is better than BotW, than he's smoking some strong stuff

Around the Network
think-man said:
fleischr said:
Here's Jimquisition for you...
Hyrule Warriors Legends on 3DS - 95
Twilight Princess HD -88
Triforce Heroes: 80
Breath of the Wild - 70

"7/10 is a good score". I see that. I see the other scores Breath of the Wild and other Zelda games and I just say...

C'mon man.

So the well respected critic got blinded by a genre. What a serious guy.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

FallingTitan said:

get the climbers cap in one of the early shrines. it speeds up climbing when worn. I have zero stamina upgrades and can climb almost anything. theres also different techniques to reset the stam bar.  like the first thing i did was climb one of the huge ganon pillars and glide into hyrule castle for end game weapons and bows to start of the game. the climb took a while but i got the hang of it and now can do it blindfolded.

Apparently people don't like to work for their powerups in this game. They want to get everything from start. I got 1.75 bars of stamina, it's more than enough, unlike what Jim claims. He's the last person who should be talking about someone not being able to run that fast for a long period of time anyway, I doubt he has ran more than 1km in his whole life. ;)

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:
think-man said:

Hyrule Warriors on 3DS runs terrible. You're basically admitting here he's a fanboy and can't review games properly. In other words, the guy has no integrity or credibility as a reviewer (and probably as a human being as well, but since I don't know him I'll leave that one open). 

And Triforce Heroes higher than Breath of the Wild... Yeah right... 

Well we all like games for different reasons. If you got a Jrpg fan to review a FPS he would probably not enjoy it much and rate it lower than a FPS fan would. What most sites do is they try to put reviewers with the game genres that they usually review. Since Jim is just one guy he does all the reviews, since he likes musou genre he will probably rate them higher. It's biased but all reviewers do it really. 

think-man said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Hyrule Warriors on 3DS runs terrible. You're basically admitting here he's a fanboy and can't review games properly. In other words, the guy has no integrity or credibility as a reviewer (and probably as a human being as well, but since I don't know him I'll leave that one open). 

And Triforce Heroes higher than Breath of the Wild... Yeah right... 

Well we all like games for different reasons. If you got a Jrpg fan to review a FPS he would probably not enjoy it much and rate it lower than a FPS fan would. What most sites do is they try to put reviewers with the game genres that they usually review. Since Jim is just one guy he does all the reviews, since he likes musou genre he will probably rate them higher. It's biased but all reviewers do it really. 

It's ok if you like that genre of games, but why let the game off the hook for its terrible AI, poor graphics and terrible performance (on the 3DS)? The combat system is also very shallow and repetitive. I know everyone has their own opinion on things, but I'm listing stuff that can't really be argued with. 

Wouldn't you want to play a Musou game that actually does these things right?

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network

Only have 3 bad reviews

Gamer.no: they have a big publicity about PS4 and Horizon in their page (Horizon 9/10 and zelda 6/10)

Slant Magazine: (Horizon 10/10 and zelda 6/10)

The Jimquisition: he is a Nintendo hater

Gamer.No, an other review site gave 6/10 , thé conclusion is really tough on it :

Zelda er tilbake, men er ikke så revolusjonerende som man skulle håpet på.

https://www.gamer.no/artikler/anmeldelse-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/377909

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

DAXFM said:
Only have 3 bad reviews

Gamer.no: they have a big publicity about PS4 and Horizon in their page (Horizon 9/10 and zelda 6/10)

Please tell me its à joke post " but theyre mean Nintendo haters/Sony fanboy, thats why, they  cant like less Zelda ".

Id préfèr to hear thé simple clickbait accusation rather than such immature stuff.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

DAXFM said:
Only have 3 bad reviews

What are the complains on Slant and Gamer.no reviews? It would be interesting to read those.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Why is this such a thing? You can disagree, without resorting to this petty behavior like this. What point are they trying to prove by DDOSing a reviewer who posted a review which didn't cater to the overall metascore?