By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What you think about Clickbait Reviews ?

Many Reviewers today make polemic reviews only to adquire Click View.... This is very frustrating and I come here to bring some examples

Zelda BotW

Horizon Zero Dawn:

Nier: Automata

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Super Mario Maker:

The Last of Us

What you think about that ? please give your comment :)

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

They exist, and it is what it is, best to see if the content has meat when reading the review over the score itself.

Best thing to do is not give them the click. You can clearly see these reviews are ridiculous just from the highlights.

Mystro-Sama said:
Best thing to do is not give them the click. You can clearly see these reviews are ridiculous just from the highlights.

i totally agree with you then i just printed the reviews for the thread and didn't put link just to avoid clicks.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

I don't really care. Most games have inflated scores anyways, so reviews like those help give the game a score that is not so bloated.

Around the Network

They are all whores. Not the good ones either, like the ones that smoke before giving u a bj and makes your penis smell like a cigarette

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

They're stupid but I don't really care. I have a few go-to sources for reviews but I ignore most, including the overly positive ones that always dole out 10's left and right (*cough* Famitsu *cough*).

Mummelmann said:
They're stupid but I don't really care. I have a few go-to sources for reviews but I ignore most, including the overly positive ones that always dole out 10's left and right (*cough* Famitsu *cough*).

When they talk about famitsu I just remember the final fantasy xiii-2 perfect score......

Individual reviewers are entitled to their opinion especially if they take the time to justify it but I won't take Metacritic seriously until they remove outliers from their calculations. They already play around with data by having a weighted average so I don't see why they can't do something about extreme values just like any decent studies dealing with statistics would.

BraLoD said:
The Uncharted 4 review from Washington Post will probably never be topped, the guy said it was so good and detailed he didn't know how to deal with it, lol.

i remember that until troy baker signed to take review off the site but never happened.