By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox sales top 26 M, ps4 55 M.

JRPGfan said:

For Switch undoubtably..... By then Mario Oddessey will be out, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Fire Emblem switch, the Shin Megami Tensei game (hopefully) will be released. Dragon Question XI (ps4/switch) will be out too.

Im not sure why 2018 would be great for the xbox one though. Scorpio is going to be another PS4pro in terms of sales, and Im not even sure what software Xbox one has for 2018 thats exclusive.

It should be a new round for the Forza Horizon franchise and a Halo year so it should be one of the bigger years for Microsoft.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network

Ps4 with that 2;1 lead and it's stretching it everyday. What a gen it's been so far!

bonzobanana said:
Maybe xbox one will have a fight on it's hands for weekly numbers with Nintendo Switch after launch. I can't see the Switch getting close to the PS4 but maybe second place is up for grabs. I suspect the Xbox one will still beat it until a price drop at least though but you never know. Switch might just have some momentum.

VGchartz figures are estimates though based on incomplete data I believe, they are expected to be in the ballpark area but not totally accurate. It's in Microsoft's interests to maximise the number as much as possible, include stock still in retail and include replacement units for hardware faults etc. Enough to tweak the figures slightly upwards.

isn't switch a 9th gen console?

I am Iron Man

malistix1985 said:
JRPGfan said:

For Switch undoubtably..... By then Mario Oddessey will be out, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Fire Emblem switch, the Shin Megami Tensei game (hopefully) will be released. Dragon Question XI (ps4/switch) will be out too.

Im not sure why 2018 would be great for the xbox one though. Scorpio is going to be another PS4pro in terms of sales, and Im not even sure what software Xbox one has for 2018 thats exclusive.

It should be a new round for the Forza Horizon franchise and a Halo year so it should be one of the bigger years for Microsoft.

Forza is a constant.  It's there every year.  That's like listing COD or Madden as a reason for why a particular year will be better.

I am Iron Man

barneystinson69 said:

The XB1 does sell poorer outside America and the UK, but not THAT low.

I think it does. According to GfK, a reliable source mind you, Xbox One sold less than 200.000 units in the whole year of 2016 in germany, which is the biggest gaming market in europe. PS4 sold 5 times better in the same time. So with such a low number in one of the biggest markets for gaming (No. 4 worldwide after China, USA and Japan according to Statista) , I find it very possible for the Xbox One to hit really really low numbers outside of the US. 

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Isn't superdata a bit of a dodgy site reliability wise though? Not as bad as that other one that I forgot the name of, but it's no NPD or Media Create, that's for sure!

They are super bad at predicting stuff, they have made dozen or so VR predictions, everytime lowering it, and still will not close to 2million. 

Hmm, the PS4 number is probably very close, but I'd predict the Xbox number to be a bit more than that. I'd say it's at 27 mil, at least.