By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - February 2017 NPD Thread! Nioh sales up!

RolStoppable said:
thismeintiel said:

Probably because it really is.  Unless you guys really think the PSP and Vita were hybrids/home consoles.  If that's the case, more power to you.

"The more power to you" is reserved for you, because you hold the unreasonable point of view here.

Nailed it. 

The mental gymnastics on display here made the thread far more entertaining than most NPD threads.

PSP is a home console like the Switch. Good lord.

Around the Network
LurkerJ said:
Kerotan said:

Ps4 will be the #1 traditional home console in March fact.  

I never said it doesn't count being the #1 handheld or #1 hybrid.  They're just different accolades that don't interest me.  

Better luck next time! 

Next month, I'll being seeing "Switch #1" in the title and the majority will be fine with it.

You are more than welcome to have your own definitions, of course. 

And I'll have no problem with it either but it doesn't change the fact that PS4/xb1 will be competing for the #1 dedicated home console.  Switch bring the #1 hybrid won't take away from that achievement and if ps4 can make it 3/3 against xbox we will have cause to celebrate.

LudicrousSpeed said:
RolStoppable said:

"The more power to you" is reserved for you, because you hold the unreasonable point of view here.

Nailed it. 

The mental gymnastics on display here made the thread far more entertaining than most NPD threads.

"February 2017 NPD Thread! PS4 #1" 

Unfortunately ps4 wins yet another NPD which automatically makes this thread very very boring by past standards.  There's just no stopping the ps4 vs the xb1 and because of it people have stopped visiting these threads in big numbers. 

RolStoppable said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

What does  MS PR mean ?

Microsoft public relations. In this specific case, their press releases in response to NPD numbers.

Microsoft has a long track record of calling themselves the #1 console for the month even when a handheld actually beat their Xbox (original, 360, One). Similarly, Kerotan keeps changing his stance on which kinds of consoles count for bragging about sales achievements.

While we're at it, let add cellphones to mix.  Candy Crush over Smash Bros. for the win!

JRPGfan said:
JRPGfan said:

But will we get any Numbers?
Expect PS4 to take this one too.

These things are getting too predictable.

I predict that you will read this response to your response.  Did I make you look?

Kerotan said:
LurkerJ said:

Next month, I'll being seeing "Switch #1" in the title and the majority will be fine with it.

You are more than welcome to have your own definitions, of course. 

And I'll have no problem with it either but it doesn't change the fact that PS4/xb1 will be competing for the #1 dedicated home console.  Switch bring the #1 hybrid won't take away from that achievement and if ps4 can make it 3/3 against xbox we will have cause to celebrate.

X1 won the "NPD #1" numerous times but if you look at the bigger picture, the xbox brand as a whole has been doing terribly. The monthly NPD #1 trophy is hardly an indicative of any brand's success, so I am not sure why you are already guarding the PS4 with needless labels & categories. PS4 achievements speak for themselves... so what's the point of all of this?

It just seems to me that you are already setting up a bait to rile up Nintendo fans in future NPD threads.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
RolStoppable said:

If the criteria to be a hybrid/home console is to have a dock/cradle that just allows you to quickly and easily connect to the TV, then the PSP should count.  If not, then you guys are using some mental gymnastics to make it seem any different.

Though, I may have to take off the Vita, as I'm not 100% sure it's cradle worked that way.

No.  The cradle was only for... cradling purposes while recharging the handheld.  You do have its sister version called the "PSTV," but that's a different issue.

I fail to see what this discussion about the categorization of the Switch has to do with February's NPD information. Get back on topic please.

RavenXtra said:
I fail to see what this discussion about the categorization of the Switch has to do with February's NPD information. Get back on topic please.

Leak some numbers then

LurkerJ said:
RavenXtra said:

Leak some numbers then

Shots fired.

LudicrousSpeed said:
RolStoppable said:

Nailed it. 

who said that? that can't be real