By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - February 2017 NPD Thread! Nioh sales up!

For 3DS being up MoM, wow amazing! (all consoles are up MoM in Feb...)

For PS4, hard to be up on 400k, no idea how close it is to that number either.

For XB1, being below 250k isn't that good, that is below $500 XB1 with kinect.

Both consoles had deals as well.

Also surprised Nioh (without digital) outsold KH, it seems the game has performed very well across the  board.

Around the Network

lol wow, Niche game Nioh outsells Halo Wars 2. This gen is going horrible for MS in terms of software.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Halo Wars 2 didn't chart? Damn...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Farsala said:

Also surprised Nioh (without digital) outsold KH, it seems the game has performed very well across the  board.

Kingdom Hearts came out in January.

Boutros said:
Farsala said:

Kingdom Hearts came out in January.

Both performing well then. Nioh without digital vs KH with digital, makes me think Nioh could have been in the top 5.

Around the Network

lol! If HW II can't even chart in USA, than we are talking about very poor numbers worldwide.
alson, nioh looks good, considering that we have no digital and the game prety much "sold out" these numbers are good.

Farsala said:

had a brain fart and thought this was January NPD for a moment and thought damn 3DS doing better in January than December!!!!

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

RolStoppable said:
PS4 was down year over year? Didn't it have a $250 offer while last year it was still $350 throughout the whole month?

Well PS4 has been dwon for a while now but we should also consider that last year it sold like 400k so it would be hard to top that. Last year it had a big IP like Street Fighter and this year it has a new IP Nioh.

RolStoppable said:
PS4 was down year over year? Didn't it have a $250 offer while last year it was still $350 throughout the whole month?

Yeah, that makes me think it is closer to the 400k then not. The deal was 2/12- 2/25 so the entire thing aligns with the final weeks of NPD. 

We might have a bigger March for XB1/PS4 this year though due to Horizon,  ME, Ghost Recon.

Switch will obviously do well and drive more consumers to the shops.

Farsala said:

You should expect that, 3DS has stock issues since black friday and it extremely hard to be found in the USA after December due to  higher than expected for Nintendo, sales in nov-dec, thanks to Pokemon frenziness... 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=223886&page=1

From what I have seen on major retailers online shops, I surmised that Nintendo started resolving the 3ds scarcity on february, and they released pikachu New 3ds xl on the 24th of February!

Apropos, it has only one day on february npd... WOW!

i think you follow amazon thread, it  it dominate the hourly/weekly charts and sold out in the same day that it became available for pre-orders...

3DS is still not fully restocked, maybe due to switch launch!