By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did you scratch your Switch screen?

Ganoncrotch said:
Volterra_90 said:

Yeeeep, basically this. I prefer plastic screens. They are almost unbrakable. Glass screens can break pretty easy. I have to purchase a mobile phone per year XD. Scratches are nohing to compared to that, and easy to solve with a protector screen.

Think back to when you were a kid at school how often did we see a Gameboy with a screen shattered in comparison to how often you see people with Mobile phones with cracked screens in need of repair, also if you have scratches on a plastic screen now, ever since the advent of the backlight rather than a front lit system you will not see the scratching as badly while the screen is lit up, unless you go full retard and put the console in your pocket along with your keys or some loose nails for some reason.

Is the Gameboy possible to break? XD. Yeah, I always thought that mobile companies do that on purpose to make people buy phones on a yeary basis. It sounds a bit conspiranoic, but I don't see that the advantages of glass vs plastic are enough to justtify glass screens. I now buy pladtic screen phones, and, helll, they're impossible to break, man. I'm glad that Nintendo made that choice tbh.

Around the Network

I still have my Gameboy. And you guys are right. I don't think it has a single scratch on the screen. Hmm..

Bajablo said:
Soundwave said:

It looks pretty easy, just whoosh your Switch into the dock really fast, it's pretty easy for some part of the plastic LCD panel to make contact with the plastic front wall of the dock. 

Do that enough times and you're going to get a scratch or several. 

I'm very careful now to make sure any time I do dock that the back of the Switch is making contact with the backside of the dock tray until it slides in place with the dock connectors. I take it in and out very slowly. 

it isn't friggin jagged... you can ram it in pretty damn hard and nothing happens to it.
Honestly don't know what people are on about with it scratching easy.. no, it doesn't..
I've used mine like every day and docking in and out several times a day.. and people were posting those scratch things day 1.. someone is trying to mess their stuff up and show how 'bad the product is'.. atleast thats what it seems like

I have the same impression. This issue is artificially made huge, when it's actually very small, or even non-existent.

No. I take care of my things.

What's the best way to clean the screen? There's plenty fingerprints on it already from touch screen use. Smearing them out with micro fiber cloth doesn't work forever and isn't all that safe either. (I scratched my psvr lenses doing that...)

I have some nasty scratches on the WiiU gamepad so don't really care about that anymore, water plus a little dish soap and paper towel cleans it up well enough. But I want to keep the Switch in a better condition for longer. (It's still a lost cause with kids but nice to try keep it nice for as long as possible)

Anyway, no scratches yet, just fingerprints. Taking it in and out the dock all the time, and carrying the dock with the Switch in it down to my game room and back up to the living room. It's pretty secure in there.

Around the Network

None here, but I've only undocked it twice...

d21lewis said:
Eagle367 said:

My phone's gorrila glass hasn't scratched in more than 13 months? How did you scratch yours?

Slightly off topic but I wonder if there will be an "Otter Box" for the Switch. Might be profitable....

The thing that makes it water proof?

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Eagle367 said:
d21lewis said:

Slightly off topic but I wonder if there will be an "Otter Box" for the Switch. Might be profitable....

Amongst other things. Basically, everybody I know uses them to protect their smartphones while maintaining functionality.

d21lewis said:
Eagle367 said:

Amongst other things. Basically, everybody I know uses them to protect their smartphones while maintaining functionality.

yeah but those things are so damn bulky and ugly. Why would you subject your phone to that unless you plan to go scuba diving or throwing you phone everywhere

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also