By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can Gran Turismo 5 be a 10m Seller for the PS3?

No, I think it will be around 6-7 million.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music
Around the Network

I think it will be from 4-6 million Life time sales.

mM

I don't know if it will, but Gran Turismo has by far the best chance of reaching 10m out of all the PS3 exclusives. Forget Metal Gear Solid, forget Final Fantasy - Gran Turismo will be the top selling exclusive on the platform at the end of the generation.

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

makingmusic476 said:
GT4 still hasn't broken the 9 million mark, so it's doubtful. Max I'd say is 8-9 million.

GT4 actually sold 9.9 million. Look at Polyphony's website.

Safe bet is 6 million, definitely possible to be a 10 million seller, it's just not likely.

Say it comes out June of 09, You are looking at 25-30 million PS3 in the market. It's not entirely impossible.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network
leo-j said:
I think it will be from 4-6 million Life time sales.

This is what I think as well.

Along with Grand Theft Auto, Gran Turismo was the one franchise to benefit the most from the PS2's gigantic user base. They're easy to get into and appeal to a lot of people that don't generally care about games. As PS3 owners like to remind us all, the console's user base is made mostly of "hardcore gamers", but this means the amount of people buying GT5 just because it's a great game on a console they have will be much smaller.

There will still be millions of dedicated fans buying them, but anything over 5M is very unrealistic. Unless they do some serious bundling, anyway. 

I'm not sure how you can see the steep sales decline coming with GT, but not GTA. =P 

Parokki want bet out those GT5 sales? I think it will do over 6 million.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Some very pessimistic figures here...

The fact is that now GTA has gone multiplatform Gran Turismo is the single largest console exclusive there is. And GT5 has everything going for it that GT3 had, i.e. the power of a new console and a similar userbase at the point of release (maybe in fact bigger? not sure). I see this game as minimum 12 million and I won't be surprised if it equals GT3 (~15m for those that don't know). The popularity of GT5P is demonstrating that the Gran Turismo fanbase is still there.

Its likely it will even surpass GT3, will become the best seller ever for Sony.

Its the first GT this gen the first GT with online and likely damage. It has now went from game to Car nut haven with the likes of GT TV.

Remember LONG legs, 2/3years of sales.
Download able upgrades and extra content.
Best seller half price thing (whats it called?)

6 million - 7 million MAX.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies