By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - What are your PC specs??

I may have just been missreading. I thought it was a 3.7Ghz but I might be wrong, and I did not even notice that i had put 1tb SSD and 250gb HDD. I meant it the other way arund 1tb HDD and 250gb SSD.

Around the Network
Jdog535 said:

I may have just been missreading. I thought it was a 3.7Ghz but I might be wrong, and I did not even notice that i had put 1tb SSD and 250gb HDD. I meant it the other way arund 1tb HDD and 250gb SSD.

That 3.7GHz could be your CPU, tho the 6600K has a base clock of 3.5GHz and a Turbo of 3.9GHz. Maybe you did a little overclock? Or your board has some software (like Asus AI Suite, for example) that makes it run a bit faster?

In any case, GPUs don't run as fast as CPUs yet, and the GTX 1050Ti goes up to 1.5GHz (overclocked models).

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Jdog535 said:

When it comes to clock frequency a GPU will almost certainly have less MHz/GHz rating than your CPU (which almost certainly makes that 3.7ghz look like it's your CPU, it pretty much has to be) but then the GPU will always have a ton more transistors than the gpu, so think of it like... far more potential transistors just working slower to keep things going fast still.

Say potentially the i7 you have clocks in at around 1.4billion transistors but the GPU even though it's midranged comes in at over 4billion.

I know you said you built the PC on a budget and you're going to upgrade as more money comes, but that's a fantastic way of doing things imo, you can find out after a while where your bottlenecks are coming from when it comes to gaming and then focus on upgrading that portion of the PC as you need to.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

CPU: i7 6700K
MOBO: Asrock Z170 Extreme4
RAM: G.Skill 16Gb DDR4
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX1060

I'd eventually like to increase RAM and upgrade to a 1080. I'm sure a cheap secondhand card will appear soon. 

I bought an SSD for my PC, and moved the 1TB to my new computer. Getting a 1080 ti on Friday.

Around the Network
Burning Typhoon said:
I bought an SSD for my PC, and moved the 1TB to my new computer. Getting a 1080 ti on Friday.

You can't say "I bought an SSD". We need detail damn it!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Athlon II X4 600e

XFX HD 7970 GHz DD

8 GB 1600 DDR3

1TB HDD

550w PSU

BENQ 1080p75hz

There's a chance I'll have enough money in August for a nice rig, though if not I'll just upgrade the CPU and RAM and go along with it for a bit longer, since I can run most new games at higher settings at 1080p50+ FPS.

mysteryman said:

I'd eventually like to increase RAM and upgrade to a 1080. I'm sure a cheap secondhand card will appear soon. 

Why on earth would you need to upgrade your RAM unless you do a lot of serious Photo Editing,  Video editing, and/or 3D modeling(but for 3D modeling GPU would be higher priority than RAM)?

Nothing today or in the near future requires more than 16GB and we have come to the point now where memory speed is basically insignificant to general pc performance, unlike the days of DDR1 and DDR2 when higher speed RAM actually had a noticible impact.

JEMC said:
Burning Typhoon said:

You can't say "I bought an SSD". We need detail damn it!

Oh, I forgot. Oops.  500GB... That's what the box said.  Common sense says it's 512.  PC says it's 467... -_-

Raistline said:
mysteryman said:

Why on earth would you need to upgrade your RAM unless you do a lot of serious Photo Editing,  Video editing, and/or 3D modeling(but for 3D modeling GPU would be higher priority than RAM)?

Nothing today or in the near future requires more than 16GB and we have come to the point now where memory speed is basically insignificant to general pc performance, unlike the days of DDR1 and DDR2 when higher speed RAM actually had a noticible impact.

Maybe he runs more than one demanding thing at a time, Ram drive perhaps? Virtualization? Just food for thought.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--