By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: Nintendo switch, gen 1, will have a high fail rate lifetime. Second hands on impressions.

Twilight zone... he is right, but won't say why. Lol

PS4: Tryklon  Steam: Tryklon

Switch: 0307-6588-7010 | New 2DS XL: 2037-2612-6964

MacBook Air (Mid 2017) | iPhone SE | Apple Watch Series 3

Around the Network
maxleresistant said:
Nautilus said:

Maybe because they are common sense as you say, or that you are simply afraid of being wrong, which is normal for predictions?

nice try, but that won't work ^^ You won't bait me into it.

So if you dont have the balls to backup your claim, do as Raven said and dont say anything from the beginning.

This got way too off topic.Ill leave it as that.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

As for the topic, your friend must be really unlucky.As for any new console, problems will come with it.I suppose you can send it back to Nintendo and receive a new one, sinc eit may be in warranty?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

So it seems that hubris has now taken over maxleresistans' mind completely and he's rambling nonsense. I'll be damned.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Nautilus said:
maxleresistant said:

nice try, but that won't work ^^ You won't bait me into it.

So if you dont have the balls to backup your claim, do as Raven said and dont say anything from the beginning.

This got way too off topic.Ill leave it as that.

well, I already gave out stuffs in my first post.

The discussion is about the Switch being shoddy hardware. I always said it looked like a cheap chinese knock off, turns out it is. Always said the device was trying to do too much into one and that was going to end up what will hurt it. I was right too. Since the october presentation I also said it was going to be a poor home console, barely more powerful than a WiiU, and with big shortcomings as a handheld. I predicted poor third party support in July, when Eurogamer made the leak, I basically said that for example, For Honor won't be on it, even if it's a ubisoft game (a publisher that has a track record of supporting Nintendo system) and that For Honor was being released around the same time. Said it wasn't a Tegra X2, said it won't be near as powerful as a Xbox One.

Yeah, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to predict those, of course. But I fought with people for each one of those  opinions and predictions, I probably fought with you on one of those too. 

Go ahead, say that each one of those was common sense.

All this remind me when I predicted the the WiiU was going to be killed in 2016. In 2015, everybody was like "nah, they have more games to announce, they are not going to kill it early". Now everybody is like "of course it was killed early, everybody saw that, Nintendo didn't have any other choice". The level of hypocrisy is astounding.

Around the Network

But why would anyone want another PS4 or XB1? Those can be bought already, in fact I have one of them.

People want something different. I honestly cannot understand why some people still think Nintendo should just make another PlayStation One Nintendo Edition...

Had my Switch since day one. I put a tempered glass screen protector on it immediately. I take it to work everyday and play docked every night and I have not experienced any of the problems mentioned. I play with the Pro controller and the Joy-Cons with no issues. A 1% failure rate is acceptable for a mass market electronic device, that's what warrantys are for. Anyone that has an issue with anything should contact Nintendo immediately.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

I have docked and unlocked my switch and joycons several times with no issues. I got a screen protector yesterday to be on the safe side, but so far no issues have come my way.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Tryklon said:
But why would anyone want another PS4 or XB1? Those can be bought already, in fact I have one of them.

People want something different. I honestly cannot understand why some people still think Nintendo should just make another PlayStation One Nintendo Edition...

Some people would have preferred to have two great consoles, one home, one handheld. Instead of a 300$ monstruosity that barely qualifies as one or the other.

It's like when car manufacturers tried to build a car that can turn into a boat. Maybe it's better to have the two separately. 

Most people aren't even asking Nintendo to make a 3TF or more home console. People would be happy to have a cheap console that is just on par with the rest. And in 2017, it's really not that hard to do that.

maxleresistant said:
Tryklon said:

Some people would have preferred to have two great consoles, one home, one handheld. Instead of a 300$ monstruosity that barely qualifies as one or the other.

It's like when car manufacturers tried to build a car that can turn into a boat. Maybe it's better to have the two separately. 

Most people aren't even asking Nintendo to make a 3TF or more home console. People would be happy to have a cheap console that is just on par with the rest. And in 2017, it's really not that hard to do that.

But who can honestly think Nintendo would be able to compete on the home console market right now? PS4 has already 50 million consoles, XB 30 million, the market is stale for new players and to worst things, WiiU has left a sour mouth on many users.

Nintendo can only truly compete on the Portable market, but to do that they had to present something different, something inovative. And a "portable console" with very decent graphics that can be connected to a TV to play inside is a great bet.

As for the "powerhouse" home console, let Sony and Microsoft chase each other and we will see the same as last gen, 50 million PS, 30 million XB and 70 million Nintendo's on the streets!