By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: Nintendo switch, gen 1, will have a high fail rate lifetime. Second hands on impressions.

maxleresistant said:
rjason12 said:

@maxleresistant

Except you're not right. The system was dropped 11 times from 5 ft on concrete before it fully broke, and the screen never cracked. You're judging your entire argument on one person.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/03/video_punishing_drop_test_reveals_the_nintendo_switch_is_tougher_than_it_looks

I heard a lot of people saying the same stuffs. Problem with joy cons, problems with scratches, problems with the "wobbly" handheld mode. Etc etc.

I think Joy cons are a mistake. I think It's expensive and useless. Nintendo was trying to put everything into one console, but had to cut on what matter the most.

There, fixed it for you.
Also.. alot of people are not having those issues.. so.. you pick the information that support your claim and disgard the rest #alternativeFacts

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

Around the Network

I don't think there's anything wrong with the construction of the main unit itself. I find it more durable than say a 3DS. However I do have issues with the dock. The dock WILL scratch the sides of your screen. It will happen, there's nothing to stop it if you don't have a screen protector. The dock itself is very flimsy. As for screens cracking if you drop it... that's somewhat of an expectation unfortunately, if I dropped my phone, there's a good chance the screen will crack on it. Although based on the drop tests I've seen with the switch, I'd say the screen is the least of your worries.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

SpokenTruth said:
Bajablo said:

that is something that feels weird.. something you could do on 3ds etc. too, i'd bet it is on its way in an update. but weird to not have it at start

I expect cloud saves to be a thing once their new account system goes into full swing.

that would be good, if so. that would make it so you could loose your switch and get everything back.. so hoping on that. would go all digital if it did

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

Doubt it... A plastic screen is more durable than glass hence why Nintendo used it. It is the primary reason why many "shatter proof" phones use plastic screens. The downside is of course, plastic will get scratched more easily. Dead pixels is nothing new and a small % of every handhelds and pretty much any screens have them.

The joycon rails are the only hmm thing cause its not the rails themselves thats the issue but how they are attached to the unit. But even then, unless you are purposely trying to break it, I doubt it will get damaged.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Bajablo said:
maxleresistant said:

I heard a lot of people saying the same stuffs. Problem with joy cons, problems with scratches, problems with the "wobbly" handheld mode. Etc etc.

I think Joy cons are a mistake. I think It's expensive and useless. Nintendo was trying to put everything into one console, but had to cut on what matter the most.

There, fixed it for you.
Also.. alot of people are not having those issues.. so.. you pick the information that support your claim and disgard the rest #alternativeFacts

I THINK, that I don't need to say "I THINK" at the start of each and everyone of my sentences. This is obviously a personal opinion, since I'm a person, and I'm talking for myself.

There is no #alternativefacts, a lot of people are saying the same stuffs. Maybe yours isn't wobbly, or don't have a joy con problems, but this is not a 1 or 3 % small defects, it's obviously a lot more than that. Enough that people should know that they have a good chance of facing one of those problems that won't be fixed by Nintendo.

I think that if a product has a good chance of being defective, it's a shoddy product.

Around the Network

I am using it mostly in Portable Mode because of my Job. Have to travel arround all the time. Its perfect for me. But i dont know what to play after BotW.

The thing with the save thing tho is that Nintendo could always patch it in which is what I expect them to do considering you can transfer your saves on your wiiU/3ds... It would be mind blowingly stupid if they didn't do that eventually...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

No problems with mine and my 7 year old hasn't put the thing down since friday

I have my doubts about a high fail rate. I think it'll be more on minor defective consoles and people being clumsy over the console, rather than the console itself failing. Granted I haven't used the console as a handheld (because I want to play the epic size of Zelda on the big screen), but I've used the joycons on the controller accessory and had no problems with them. They feel pretty good overall. I don't think the system is going to be something that is fragile.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

maxleresistant said:
Bajablo said:

There, fixed it for you.

I THINK, that I don't need to say "I THINK" at the start of each and everyone of my sentences. This is obviously a personal opinion, since I'm a person, and I'm talking for myself.

There is no #alternativefacts, a lot of people are saying the same stuffs. Maybe yours isn't wobbly, or don't have a joy con problems, but this is not a 1 or 3 % small defects, it's obviously a lot more than that. Enough that people should know that they have a good chance of facing one of those problems that won't be fixed by Nintendo.

I think that if a product has a good chance of being defective, it's a shoddy product.

Source? Cause online commenters aren't a reliable source, I could say I bought a PS4 and it exploded. Though you couldn't prove me right or wrong. I personally think it's a lot of salty individuals who are mad that the new Zelda got such high scores, because that seems to be the trend. Nintendo gets something good and then online trolls try and make everyone think otherwise. (Not calling you a troll or anything though)