By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: Nintendo switch, gen 1, will have a high fail rate lifetime. Second hands on impressions.

I've only played it docked once and have used it exclusively as a handheld otherwise. My screen protector hasn't arrived yet, so I have been careful with it, but I've had it since Friday and everything is great.

Nothing is scratched, nothing feels loose and I have no slowdowns, glitches or dead pixels. I played snipperclips Co-op with the JoyCons and foind it surprisingly comfortable imo. The kickstand is a little flimsy especially on soft surfaces, everything else feels solid though.

Honestly this post reads like that Switch issues compilation video all in one single device. Having this many issues piling up at once is pretty bad and I'm sorry your friend had a bad experience.

Around the Network

I love how people tried to tell me "300$ for a high quality handheld that double as a home console with 2 controllers is not expensive"

I was so right about the switch, and I think I'm going to be right a lot more.

maxleresistant said:
I love how people tried to tell me "300$ for a high quality handheld that double as a home console with 2 controllers is not expensive"

Right about what?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Not a single problem. Well, one, I desynched a Joy-con without noticing it, but that was on me. Tbh, it's one of the consoles I had less problems at launch. WiiU froze a lot of times, and my PS4 has these random memory checks and refuse to start from time to time.

Nautilus said:
maxleresistant said:

Right about what?

Nothing... people say all kinds of things to justify their decisions. Since he can't, or does not want to buy it, he will bash it. Typical.

PS4: Tryklon  Steam: Tryklon

Switch: 0307-6588-7010 | New 2DS XL: 2037-2612-6964

MacBook Air (Mid 2017) | iPhone SE | Apple Watch Series 3

Around the Network
Tryklon said:
Nautilus said:

Right about what?

Nothing... people say all kinds of things to justify their decisions. Since he can't, or does not want to buy it, he will bash it. Typical.

sorry, can't hear you over the sound of me being right about everything Switch related for the last 6 months ^^

I'm pretty sure the durability of a handheld doesn't really matter. No matter how damage proof you make those things, the little bastards will find a way to destroy it somehow.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

the tl;dr version

Nintendo lined up with industry standard practices fr failure rates so that they can move more hardware because all their other consoles were too durable and there lead to less sales.

vivster said:
I'm pretty sure the durability of a handheld doesn't really matter. No matter how damage proof you make those things, the little bastards will find a way to destroy it somehow.

Still, all videos on youtube trying to destroy the damn thing say it is bloody resistant. Go check. They cant even break the damn screen...

PS4: Tryklon  Steam: Tryklon

Switch: 0307-6588-7010 | New 2DS XL: 2037-2612-6964

MacBook Air (Mid 2017) | iPhone SE | Apple Watch Series 3

Tryklon said:
vivster said:

Still, all videos on youtube trying to destroy the damn thing say it is bloody resistant. Go check. They cant even break the damn screen...

The only video I've seen was the joke because they never dropped it directly on the corner, where it is the most vulnerable.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.