By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Horizon Zero Dawn beats Zelda to No.1 in UK ( PS4’s biggest ever new IP launch)

So do we have any estimated numbers yet for Horizon?

Around the Network
Qwark said:
So Horizon beated games like Destiny in their opening week pretty impressive if you ask me.

it didnt beat destiny. 

Peh said:

Guess which console has the bigger user base at the moment.

Your right... even if its probably more like this:

56,5m+ PS4 vs  13.8 WiiU & 1m+ Switch's (atm)

Its still surpriseing though.

Horizon Zero Dawn also looks to have outsold zelda in Japan, on zelda's launch week.

Haha your comparing sales on a Console Which just launched and roughly sold 1/4million in the UK..
Whatever makes you sleep at night.

BraLoD said:
bananaking21 said:

it didnt beat destiny. 

It did, very likely not PS+XB, but it did beat it on a PS vs PS battle.

but it didnt. Destiny sold 192k in its first week as much as Uncharted 4. 

Horizon is the biggest new ip from sony. 

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Solid numbers for Switch and Zelda. What needs to not be forgotten is that Switch is the first global day and date hardware launch in video game history and that the 2m forecasted units are for the whole of March. We've got no news about Nintendo flying in stock; the conventional method of shipping has new stock arriving every two to three weeks, so there's going to be additional stock in March. In other words, if the worldwide launch week numbers don't add up to close to 2m, then that has to be expected because there were not 2m units in the channel. There should have been a good million out there, so an initial allocation of ~80k units for the UK is reasonable if you extrapolate it to a global level and take into account that the UK has been proportionally Nintendo's weakest market in recent years.

Acting amazed or surprised that Horizon: Zero Dawn beat Zelda in the UK is on the same level as being amazed or surprised when this week's Media Create numbers show that Zelda beat Horizon in Japan. You are either disingenious or ignorant of sales trends.

Did Zelda beat out Horizon in Japan? I thought Horizon won based on it selling top seller at 3 different retailers. Do we have numbers now? 

Azzanation said:
Haha your comparing sales on a Console Which just launched and roughly sold 1/4million in the UK..
Whatever makes you sleep at night.

Theres actually a sales nr in the article.

They say ~80k, which means about or almost 80k.

Abit below 80k is less than 1/4th of a million (which is 250k units).

Kinda makes sense. 2 days extra plus available on a load more consoles as Zelda would be limited by people having to buy the console as well.

I've seen the Horizon advertised more too, Zelda is only really advertised at the end of the Switch advert.

Hmm, pie.

I can't believe just how good Horizon is, the world is easily the most diverse and beautiful world I've ever played in, and the combat (especially when fight big powered machine) is just so fun and challenging. I love scanning the enemies and then plotting a way in which I can use all my weapons to take them out effectively.
I think Aloy is such a great protagonist aswell.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Ka-pi96 said:
bananaking21 said:

but it didnt. Destiny sold 192k in its first week as much as Uncharted 4. 

Horizon is the biggest new ip from sony. 

Doesn't say that. Say's PS4's biggest new IP launch. So either the author of the article is lying, or it beat Destiny's PS4 sales.

dude

Horizon is Sony's biggest new franchise launch on PS4 - a title previously held by No Man's Sky. It's also the biggest PS4 launch in general since Uncharted 4.

Destiny had the same launch as UC4.