By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The switch launch feels very quiet...

Lawlight said:
StarOcean said:
It'll do better than Wii U, only because theyll be sitting on this one longer

And also because they are combining their handheld with their console. We really should compare its sales to that of the WiiU+3DS.

I expect a real handheld from Nintendo soon. Imo, if the Switch does bad they'll just fix the battery life and make a dockless, Joycon-less variant and sell it 

Around the Network
StarOcean said:
Lawlight said:

And also because they are combining their handheld with their console. We really should compare its sales to that of the WiiU+3DS.

I expect a real handheld from Nintendo soon. Imo, if the Switch does bad they'll just fix the battery life and make a dockless, Joycon-less variant and sell it 

I hope you're right about the joycon-less variant. I have no interest in them.

In my opinion people bought a console that has no games. Zelda is blowing up on Twitch though with many views. Watching people play it makes me jealous lol. Nintendo was tweeting the beginning of launch and what not.

Lawlight said:
Nautilus said:

Oh please, do a bit of research before you say things like that.A quick search on ebay shows that people are selling the Switch(and it alone), for at least 400 dollars

I'm seeing $315, $325 on ebay as well.

And Im seeing way more 400+ dollars there.Your point?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Well, it's sold out at US online retailers, but where I am, it's easily available in stores. It looks like the scalpers are getting burnt again. It's too early to say how it will do. Surrounding the launch with one game that's available on the prior console may not have been the slam dunk strategy they hoped for. Switch may do well, but there's no "fever" for it ATM. But like I say, it's early.

Around the Network

This is quite relative. Not normally would I recommend waiting for sales, but in fear of making oneself look stupid I would recommend it.

Also, according to Bloomberg, the launch has gone well: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-03-02/nintendo-s-switch-goes-on-sale-targeting-new-video-gaming-niche

Nintendo people.

Many Target stores say they have "limited stock" in my area today. I went to check one but they didn't have any more Switches. They did have about 40 copies of Zelda though, and 1 copy of Just Dance... that must be a good seller .

My 8th gen collection

I don't typically discuss my hobbies offline...but I've heard much more talk of this launch than the Wii U, all positive so far.

Of course, I'm an engineer, so geek-talk is more common where I work, so I can't say how much this means for your average joe.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Considering how 30 of the stores i called had Switches sold out (suburbs and urban regions), I can definitely say it is having a good launch.