By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The switch launch feels very quiet...

axumblade said:
Lawlight said:

We're talking about more than just Twitch streaming though. Where are the gifts of people rushing to get it? Why isn't it sold out? Why haven't we had sales numbers yet?

Looking online, every website I checked has it listed as sold out. Where are you looking? Also, it's been 24 hours. We generally do not get sales numbers until a little bit later. 

I assume people are talking about europe, over here Stock is still readily available online. Base.com, Argos and Nintendo.co.uk all have stock in UK.

Amazon in France, Italy, Spain have stock. So in Europe at least stock is still widely available.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
golfgt170 said:

Meanwhile on ps4

That is crazy. People are effing nuts. How do you even let yourself hit this level? I waited 3 months (January 25th, I believe) until they were in stock like every other sane person.

Just seeing those gifs pisses me off. I won't stand in a line, much less like act like a fucking savage like these packs of r******.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

People are to busy playing Zelda. I don't want to be spoiled by a Twitch stream.

axumblade said:
Lawlight said:

We're talking about more than just Twitch streaming though. Where are the gifts of people rushing to get it? Why isn't it sold out? Why haven't we had sales numbers yet?

Looking online, every website I checked has it listed as sold out. Where are you looking? Also, it's been 24 hours. We generally do not get sales numbers until a little bit later. 

ebgames.com.au. Also checked amazon.fr for fun. Plenty of users in the EU on gaf are reporting that you can just walk into a store and get one.

We had PS4 numbers after the first day of sales. Also, correct me if I'm wrong but it's been more than 24 hours in the timezone where it was released last.

Also, no gif of the launch?

I live in Madrid. Yesterday afternoon I went to a fnac and a couple of GAME stores an El Corte Inglés (Spanish main department stores) and I was pretty surprised to see many people buying Switchs. In one of the GAME the queue seemed quite long.

So it surpassed my expectations, at least. Specially considering that Spanish marketing hasn't been strong. 

Around the Network

I live in Switzerland, the switch was sold out everywhere in the city I live in at before noon. A friend of mine told me he had never seen such a big line in front of a store in switzerland. There was also no more zelda available on switch, although some copies of the Wii U version were still there. When I wen't to a popular game store at 5pm, there were still people queing to preorder the console. Not really a soft launch here

Its sold out everywhere how is this quite?

I think people are playing the game. Also a ton of reviews and people are all clamoring to others that they need to experience things for themselves. they don't want to spoil cool moments for others to experience first hand. Thus that could drive people from watching a "spoiler/story driven game on twitch"

Just my experience on thsi site yesterday showed me that. All week, topics were hot and talkative. Each time I commented in a topic, when I went back to the home page, practically the entirity of the hot topics list was all orange, meaning new comments. And most about Zelda.

Then yesterday, it was really dead. I would refresh after 30 minutes of working and see maybe a few orange, the rest green. The only explanation was that people were busy playing Zelda.

You are comparing the launch of a system in March against one that launched on November, right on the holidays and shopping season.I dont see how fair it is in any way.

And the Switch will sell out, no doubt about it.The question will be is how it will hold up in the comming months

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Geralt said:
golfgt170 said:
Also, is it worrying that Switch is available everywhere? Huge stock from nintendo, or???

What i am seeing are a lot people scalping but not selling for above 300 so that says something

Oh please, do a bit of research before you say things like that.A quick search on ebay shows that people are selling the Switch(and it alone), for at least 400 dollars

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1