By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The switch launch feels very quiet...

LoL even the same gifs Sprash

Around the Network
golfgt170 said:
LoL even the same gifs Sprash <3

too slow^^ but still looking at these gifs still can't belive it how crazy this launch was.

Sprash said:
golfgt170 said:
LoL even the same gifs Sprash <3

too slow^^ but still looking at these gifs still can't belive it how crazy this launch was.

hehe true. Reminds me when i lost the launch and then i had to get one at february, when i found availability again!

Also, is it worrying that Switch is available everywhere? Huge stock from nintendo, or???

You're quite right. The BBC had a small segment on it yesterday and there was zero hype from the general public or technophiles. The few people that were interested did not like the price or the launch lineup outside of Zelda. The BBCs analyst sees sales struggling once the system hits 5 million units (after Hardcore Nintendo fans have got theirs).

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network

The marketing is very small outside NA and japan, or at least on the countries that i visited in the last 2 weeks. Usually it was so easy to cross ps and xbox ads in international airports during console release date. I just dont see any switch ads anywhere, except on huge game store.

In japan, VR also seems to steal the thunder from nintendo switch.

But hey at least, switch and mario got plenty of hits on google. Whatever that thing means

No one's talking about it in my environment, doesn't even feel like a soft launch.

Like only Zeruda just launched, not a new console.

golfgt170 said:

Meanwhile on ps4

Man this was a launch. I remember at the midnight launch with the store I went to, there were people who crossed borders to get one cuz all PS4s were sold out in their country.

golfgt170 said:
Also, is it worrying that Switch is available everywhere? Huge stock from nintendo, or???

What i am seeing are a lot people scalping but not selling for above 300 so that says something

golfgt170 said:

I can't find it anywhere except for overpriced Switches on Amazon. Stock where?

I dont know if its the same for everyone. But it is trending on Facebook.

Edit: And Its either now (March 2017) or November 2017. I think It is better to do it now, because The Wii U IS DEAD! There is NO major game coming to the 3DS. Nintendo would be DEAD in most of 2017! 

Pocky Lover Boy!