By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The switch launch feels very quiet...

Mnementh said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Wii U did similar. Understanding history is why I am not flinching towards Nintendo, but I cant say I havent felt a tinge of impulse.

PS4 launch added together has around 2M units (a bit more), but it was staggered, Europe later than NA and Japan came many weeks later. So in one week Sony provided even less units than Nintendo (1 million for NA launch). Is Sony producing artificial scarcity? Or have all manufacturers probably problems to deliver on initial demand? It is clear, that after two-three months if the dust has settled the manufacturers have a much easier time to mathc the demand, but launch can for everyone somewhat tight. That's no specific Nintendo-phenomenon. Let's wait some weeks until the dust has settled, that says a lot more how the weekly and monthly sells go in the after-launch-time.

I just caught this message. but anyway... No, Sony has never been accused of artificial scarcity by anyone. Nintendo has been known since the Wii era of seeming like their product was overtly scarce to influence demand (regardless of whether it was true or not). They nintendo classic console is another issue in which theyve been accused of selling scarce amounts and giving gamers no hope of replenishing store shelves. It became evident to me that they only used the Nintendo classic (and $99 3ds) to supplement for  the dismal sales for the wii u had before the switch dropped.  Regardless of what I say about any platform, im not mentally beholden to any brand and I play all of them. Again, because of my lack of loyalty to any brand...you will see me call them out on many things that my bother dedicated fans, when in truth it might get people to think a little about these companies as businesses. I dont hate Nintendo, I just see what they are doing. The crazy part is I am noticing others talking about it as well. Regardless, I cant wait for Mario Kart.

Around the Network

It's felt soft. Of course I don't remember how the Wii started off so I can't say for sure

d21lewis said:
I could have sworn I posted in this thread.

Well now you have.  At least this thread isn't quiet anymore...

StarOcean said:
It's felt soft. Of course I don't remember how the Wii started off so I can't say for sure

Started hard and then kept hard for a long time before going soft.

sethnintendo said:
StarOcean said:

Started hard and then kept hard for a long time before going soft.

In other words, it wasn't like this?

Around the Network
Mbolibombo said:
gtaguidelng said:
maybe It is quiet because early adopters are silently weeping waiting for games after zelda now.

Why would they have to wait? There's 46 games released for the Switch so far

Eh, there have been a few users on here who have posted about feeling "empty" after 100%ing BotW and nothing really fits the bill. But that's a fairly typical early adopter problem; one, maybe two sweet AAA releases to blast through...at least these days you can survive on indies until the next big release.

Swith launched with less than 10 games, less than 2 months later it has about 40. There are plenty of games to play between the wait from Zelda to Mario Kart.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

StarDoor said:
gtaguidelng said:
maybe It is quiet because early adopters are silently weeping waiting for games after zelda now.

Yup, they're definitiely weeping that, after playing the highest rated game of the year, they have to settle for playing the second-highest rated game of the year next.

Lol nice one xD 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

gtaguidelng said:

Yes.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

zorg1000 said:
Swith launched with less than 10 games, less than 2 months later it has about 40. There are plenty of games to play between the wait from Zelda to Mario Kart.

Are you counting indie eshop games also?  How many retail releases are there?