By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The switch launch feels very quiet...

Sprash said:
RolStoppable said:
Did you expect something on the level of Pokémon Go?

maybe he expected something like this

ps4 launch

Even if I didn't usually prefer to wait for better prices, such retards would already be enough to make me avoid launch days like the plague.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:

Lol no, unless you have been living under a rock, you should know that what nintendo has done with the switch isn't even the first time anyone has done it. Its just a really great handheld that allows you plug it to a TV.

Nothing really stops sony or MS from making a really great tablet with attachable controls too that allows you play a game stream from your home console you know? Or so many other possible options. Nintendo has just pushed a handheld out that comes with a tv dock and some are acting like its the best thing since sliced bread.

^^ Spot on, brilliant. Of course Switch upgrades resolution on connection to TV, but at expense of frame rate. Erm, oh well.

It's a better launch with more buzz than Wii U or 3DS I would say.

But it's no Wii type thing with mass crossover appeal to non-gamers. I've heard none of my non-gamer friends talking about 1,2 Switch or Snipperclips at all, but by the Wii's first weekend I remember many of them were talking about Wii Sports, and Pokemon Go they were aware of before the game even was officially launched. So it's not in that categorey either. 

Switch is mainly a Zelda machine right now, and BotW is a fairly hardcore game (even by Zelda standards).  

John2290 said:
ManUtdFan said:

^^ Spot on, brilliant. Of course Switch upgrades resolution on connection to TV, but at expense of frame rate. Erm, oh well.

How much of a framerate drop? Is it noticable? Haven't had the chance to see it on TV yet.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5xtyct/botw_framerate_in_docked_mode_is_pretty_bad_at/

Nintendo has previously said that Switch is its fastest-selling system ever. More information is provided by the NPD Group today.

According to analyst Sam Naji, “Switch had the biggest hardware launch for a Nintendo platform and the second biggest launch for any video game platform since 1995, the time NPD began tracking this category.”

Naji later added:

“In this debut month (month 1), the Nintendo Switch sold 31K more units than previous best-selling Nintendo month-1 platform, the Game Boy Advance, which released back in June 2001. The two Nintendo Switch SKUs, the 32GB Gray Joy-Con, followed by the 32GB Neon Red/Blue Joy-Con, were the best-selling systems for the month.”

Between the time NPD started tracking sales in 1995, Zelda’s total since then is at $1.4 billion. Naji also says that the franchise “is the top-selling property of all time within the Adventure super genre, selling 54 percent more revenue than the next best-selling franchise, Resident Evil.”

Naji concluded by confirming that “Switch’s packaged software sold 1.3m units, a record high for a Nintendo platform launch.” 1-2-Switch also had an attach rate of 19 percent.

Source

http://nintendoeverything.com/switch-has-second-biggest-hardware-launch-since-npd-began-tracking-sales-in-1995/

Around the Network

^ Did you have this thread bookmarked, or what?

burninmylight said:
^ Did you have this thread bookmarked, or what?

No

lol in retrospect the thread and concerns were probably a tad premature. If things went quiet it was probably because everyone and their mother was playing zelda for a few days.

It´s selling ok so far, I saw one in a store and did not liked. But I can still consider after the good games pile up.
I hated the Wii and it was a major hit. So, I think the NS may very well do ok.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

reading the first page rn one month after makes me smh.

“On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.” - Satoru Iwata